Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you QVC for a wonderful Christmas in July

I didn't watch one show. A month is way too long for me.

Super Contributor

Never fear, CIJ lovers...we'll be seeing more and more Christmas offerings each month until it finally finishes a little less than a week before Christmas. 

I don't start watching until late October when I feel the Christmas spirit, but enjoy if you love early (really early) shopping for holiday items. 

Trusted Contributor

While I do decorate for Christmas, there is no way I would even consider 98% of what QVC showed.  Most of the trinkets they show can be bought elsewhere for considerably less.  I also don't like clutter, it just creates chaos in the home.  Besides, who wants to dust, and have to store all of those trinkets.  I'm glad someone liked all those shows, there is no way I would want to watch Christmas products when the temperature is over 100!  It all comes off as QVC trying to pawn trinkets off on the customers.  

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

While I do decorate for Christmas, there is no way I would even consider 98% of what QVC showed.  Most of the trinkets they show can be bought elsewhere for considerably less.  I also don't like clutter, it just creates chaos in the home.  Besides, who wants to dust, and have to store all of those trinkets.  I'm glad someone liked all those shows, there is no way I would want to watch Christmas products when the temperature is over 100!  It all comes off as QVC trying to pawn trinkets off on the customers.  

I don't think I'd describe others home decor as "trinkets" as one comes off as not only rude but a snob.

We all have different tastes in decor, the amount of decor we find attractive and appropriate, and the expense and quality of decor we prefer, but it is rather insulting to insinuate that virtually everything QVC sells isn't of value to anyone.

I don't consider myself a 'pawn' of QVC in the least. I have more intelligence and common sense than to buy things that aren't up to my standards or expectations. 

And what better time to sit in the cool air conditioning, and catch a few shows about the season of love and giving, than a miserable 100 degree day when one can't safely function outside anyway?

Respected Contributor

I love Christmas and I love decorating for the holiday but for the first time in many years of watching CIJ I finally stuck to my guns and only bought 1 thing.  I have so many wonderful things and am running out of space to store them.  Also, I am realizing that I have so many things that light up on batteries between candles, wreaths, lanterns, trees, window candles, etc. that I am actually trying to focus on purchasing things that do not light up and almost everything Valerie presented had batteries!  I still enjoy watching the CIJ shows when I could just cause I love the season!

Respected Contributor

Made in China, India, or other, (most items I suspect) thus I would agree & call them trinkets, dust catchers, tchotchke......U get it. Not 4 me either. Sitting on a couch watching TV 4 hours on end is a non-starter 4 me. As U said, to each their own.