Respected Contributor

Thank you, QVC, and everyone on this forum

There are so many terrible things happening every day in this world.  And I can always count on tuning into QVC to avoid the constant news cycle or political ads (especially for the past few weeks).  I was on bed rest over 10 years ago and could not leave the house for months, and I was grateful for QVC and the hosts who brightened my days and help me feel connected to the world (MaryBeth, Caroline...etc).   And thank you for everyone on this forum who are positive and always offering helpful advice.

I just thought that I should say THANK YOU to everyone.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Thank you, QVC, and everyone on this forum

@momoftwo2007

What a sweet post and most appreciated. Wishing you much happiness!

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

You sound like me. A QVC shopper who leaves the Q on for 12-16 hours a day as background noise. We get to know these hosts like family. They are our lifeline to the outside world in many cases.
Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007, thank you for such a nice post.  Too often, we have so many complaining that it is refreshing to see this.  

I often have QVC on while I am home instead of any other show.  For some of the hosts, I have watched them for years.  Others are new to me, but I enjoy hearing them.  I might be the only one who does this, but when I have to leave Happy home while I do some errands, I keep the Q on so that when she wakes up she can see and hear familiar people.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

There are so many terrible things happening every day in this world.  And I can always count on tuning into QVC to avoid the constant news cycle or political ads (especially for the past few weeks).  I was on bed rest over 10 years ago and could not leave the house for months, and I was grateful for QVC and the hosts who brightened my days and help me feel connected to the world (MaryBeth, Caroline...etc).   And thank you for everyone on this forum who are positive and always offering helpful advice.

Agreed @momoftwo2007 and thank you...sending sunshine in your direction!

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

QVC is the only station left that you can get to know the hosts. I feel the other channels are so cold and impersonal. Many of us who are empty nesters rely on QVC. I'm glad they are out there for shut ins and invalids.
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@momoftwo2007

Yes, it sure is nice to have and recognize some positive things, isn't it?  You are right, there are so many negative things and so many terrible things happening in the world that it's easy to get caught up in all of it and to focus on all the negative.  I am guitly of that because we are just absolutely bombarded with it all --- day in and day it.  My brain gets fried and I just have to turn it all off for a bit!  I do care about it all but sometimes its just too much.  I want to try and focus more on the positive aspects of life!  Thank you for this post and for giving us a reminder to be grateful for all the good stuff we have! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I also enjoy reading the posts, there is always good info and I like the garden, kitchen and recipe forums,