Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

Mary Beth is easy to watch!  I appreciate that she knows that she is there to sell and not entertain!!!  She is always prepared and knows exactly what product information is essential to the sale.  Have heard her say...."this is the information I would want to know before I buy"!!  Good host!!

Wow you said it perfect.  "To sell and not entertain", not wear weird glasses or talk about ridiculous stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Many years ago before fourm, say each days,  I emailed Marybeth about a problem with a diamondque ring.  She got me a replacement.

Frequent Contributor
That's why Mary Beth has been there since the CVN days (long before 1990..She's so good.. I just love watching her.. her attention to details is amazing.. and she's not full of herself either.. just really down to earth and lets the guests talk and doesn't try to talk so much they don't get a word in edgewise which some of the hosts I have seen over the last 15 years or so have done that..
Trusted Contributor

When I see the seasoned hosts like her and Pat and Jayne, then I realize that the younger ones have a ways to go.  It is so natural with them and not put on so it makes it fun to watch them.  I heard Mary Beth say that she was 5 foot 5 but in the past I thought she said that she was 5 foot 4, anyone catch that or maybe I am not remembering correctly.

Respected Contributor

@miata1  I used to be 5`5 also, but lost an inch in the aging process. I am 10 years older than Mary Beth. I began to lose height in my 50s. Maybe that is why the inch difference?

Valued Contributor

Wow! I think she is fun to watch. She knows what she's selling & she's a class act!

Honored Contributor

PLEASE keep Marybeth on. I love her presentations. 

Trusted Contributor
Love her!
Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

When I see the seasoned hosts like her and Pat and Jayne, then I realize that the younger ones have a ways to go.  It is so natural with them and not put on so it makes it fun to watch them.  I heard Mary Beth say that she was 5 foot 5 but in the past I thought she said that she was 5 foot 4, anyone catch that or maybe I am not remembering correctly.

@miata1  it seems the female hosts that claim to be average height lie about it from time to time to suit the situation. God forbid they be thought of as being  petite! Gabrielle is another one that fudges her height. Who really cares, an inch isn't going to make much of a difference IMO.

Frequent Contributor

I like MaryBeth very much. She's a bit hokey sometimes with her jokes or puns and she's probably the only host who doesnt creep me out with their religious vibe. I think she is very genuine in her religious responses to folks....some host just come off as fake with their "have a blessed day" tagline. All in all she seems like a good all round person who is thrilled with her grandmother role and is proud of her kids. MaryBeth is one of the last few host who is professional and does the job well.