Respected Contributor

Just watched D&C a.m. show with above host and Gary.  What a pleasure watching how well she gave all information of each item - even comparing pant lengths and detailing all sizes.  

Made me realize that this is an exception now as so many hosts talk about irrelevant things not the product.  Thank you Marybeth and Gary wish more hosts did this.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that she does give very complete information and talks about what she is selling, not herself so much as others do.  But "here's the thing," I just can not watch her for some reason.  I don't know if it is the somewhat phoney laugh, or her voice, or that her shows are a bit boring .... I don't know what it is.  I am sure she is a lovely woman and I know it is a tough job.  I just can not watch any of her shows.  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

Marybeth is a pro, she is an excellent host.

Respected Contributor

I hadn’t watched her in a long time as I mostly watch p.m’s until today and realized it was a long time since I had so much good information.  I usually mute some p.m. hosts as not much significant information being given so this was an eye opener for  me in a good way.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich   ITA, she is a wonderful example of what a nice personality combined with lots of experience can do.

I always enjoy the more experienced hosts more than the newer ones!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor
I very much enjoy MaryBeth. She is very focused during her time on air. I don’t watch that much live programming but when I do try to be mindful that new hosts have to start somewhere. Anyway my gripe relates to product videos: sometimes I will watch a video of a product I am interested in and not one second of it will be anything to do with describing the product. Sometimes feel this is the fault of the vendor representative more then the host.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you Marybeth

[ Edited ]

Mary Beth is easy to watch!  I appreciate that she knows that she is there to sell and not entertain!!!  She is always prepared and knows exactly what product information is essential to the sale.  Have heard her say...."this is the information I would want to know before I buy"!!  Good host!!

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I agree that she does give very complete information and talks about what she is selling, not herself so much as others do.  But "here's the thing," I just can not watch her for some reason.  I don't know if it is the somewhat phoney laugh, or her voice, or that her shows are a bit boring .... I don't know what it is.  I am sure she is a lovely woman and I know it is a tough job.  I just can not watch any of her shows.  

@Puppy Lips   LOL!

Respected Contributor

i haven't seen her in some time, and i really enjoyed her today on d&c.   she is one of the best.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you Marybeth

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

Just watched D&C a.m. show with above host and Gary.  What a pleasure watching how well she gave all information of each item - even comparing pant lengths and detailing all sizes.  

Made me realize that this is an exception now as so many hosts talk about irrelevant things not the product.  Thank you Marybeth and Gary wish more hosts did this.

I have always enjoyed Marybeth she is always calm and she gives details.  I still wear a pair of hoop earrings I purchased years ago.  She was very thorough and the earrings are great.  I actually coulld listen to her present anything.