Valued Contributor

So I finally save up enough money to treat myself to an expensive diamond ring.  Q says I must be home to sign for it, and it will be here Nov. 24th with over night service.  This is not something I buy often so I take the day off  from work to wait for it to come so I can sign for it.  Today is Nov 24th and the ring is still IN PROCESS!!  Am I supposed to take another day off to wait for UPS so I can sign for it?  I know UPS will leave a note if I am not here, but that is not the point.  The point is I lost a  day at work because I believed QVC!  Seems like QVC has no regard for customers.  I am really annoyed!

Regular Contributor

That is just one of the reasons I would never buy very expensive items from the Q.  The shipping proccess is too risky IMO.  And if I don't like it, I will have to worry about sending it back and it getting lost in the mail.  Even with an item being insured through the mail....it's not an easy process to make a claim if it's lost.  

Honored Contributor

Either cancel the order

or go online once you have a tracking number an arrange an alternate delivery location.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Either cancel the order

or go online once you have a tracking number an arrange an alternate delivery location.

AND - contact Customer Service and be Pleasant, Patient, Persistent and PRESENT ON THE PHONE until you receive an answer that is satisfactory to you. Explain your situation as you have here. Don't go overboard about the day's work thing because although it is rightly VERY important to you, it isn't terribly important in the big scheme of things, to the merchandiser.

I SO hope your treat is JUST what you were hoping for, but if for any reason IT ISN'T, VOTE WITH YOUR FEET AND FIND SOMETHING WONDERFUL THAT YOU DON't have to have delivered!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Most really expensive jewelry is delivered by a special driver from the jewelry store.  I'm talking over $10,000.00.  But at any rate, I would only buy expensive jewelry from a jeweler at a store period.  If you want graded diamonds you would. QVC has a few really nice diamonds, but better off from a jeweler.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all your answers.  I do agree buying expensive jewelry from QVC is risky, but without easy pay I would not be able to buy at all.  (I always pay my credit cars within the monthly time period so as not to pay interest.)   I called customer service.  The operator was very nice, but had no information.  She said since it was overnight service it had probably shipped.  Probably??  I asked if she had a tracking number.  she said no - so I'm sure it hasn't shipped.  She said she would send an e-mail to the shipper to make sure it ships today.  Guess I'm taking another day off!   I hope this ring is worth all this aggravation!

Honored Contributor

You may be happily surprised and it will show up today.

I've had orders still show 'In process' with no tracking #, suddenly appear at my door.

QVC's order tracking is seriously lacking, in my experience over 20+ years.

I hope it shows up today!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Only if it is coming by postman no tracking.  I can always see the tracking number if it is by UPS.  

I brought a couple of computers, one desk a few years ago, and lap top lately, and those I had to sign .  Everything else, UPS leaves at the front door. The reg. Driver  at the side door behind bushes.  The  HOliday driver out in plain sight.  I track it and know it is coming in that day.

Esteemed Contributor

Only if it is coming by postman no tracking.  I can always see the tracking number if it is by UPS.  

I brought a couple of computers, one desk a few years ago, and lap top lately, and those I had to sign .  Everything else, UPS leaves at the front door. The reg. Driver  at the side door behind bushes.  The  HOliday driver out in plain sight.  I track it and know it is coming  that day.

Valued Contributor

Nov 25th - ring still not shipped!  Cancelled!!!  You just lost a $2600 sale QVC!