Valued Contributor

Re: Terri Conn joins QVC as a host

@HB glamma wrote:
Really, QVC needs to hire a celebrity of sorts to peddle the stuff? The whole thing with celebrity selling merchandise annoys me, now the hosts too will be from soap operas?!
Really need another host, someone leaving??

I believe nobody leaving, they just will do more live program on QVC2 and Beaty Chanel.

Trusted Contributor

https://www.kw.com/kw/agent/terripeck

Terri has big real estate experience. After both soaps she was on were cancelled..her and her hubby were the top real estate agents in the area. They were awarded rookie of year and top 10 in sales. Terris onscreen comfortability plus her sales makes her a fantastic addition to QVC. QVC has needed this so bad.
Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO I do like her voice a lot.  It will be a relief to hear a well modulated, non nasally, and hopefully not full of slang voice.

Trusted Contributor

What i love is how much tv experience Terri has. She wont feel uncomfortable and she have more of a natural prescense.
Honored Contributor

As soon as I saw her picture (thanks for posting it) I recognized her.

That used to be one of my favorite soaps.  I remember her well.  It's hard to picture her selling anything but........Oh! well, we shall see......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely Terri's acting background, as well real estate experience makes a huge difference in on air personality and sales. Meghan Markle comes to mind in her new role, coming from background in acting immensely helpful. Yes, Totally agree with a previous comment about some of the hosts voices and yelling, enough already. Welcome Terri, Looking forward to seeing you. 

*edit*

Since Lisa R, Departure QVC hasn't been the same. In more ways than one. 

Honored Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
I don’t know who these two newbies are but I hope that means a couple of the old timers are either retiring or getting the boot!

@sunchild, WOW! Thanks for sharing.  Just curious, would you want someone to wish you to get fired from your job?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

This too me is another signal of QVC becoming more of an entertainment program.
Honored Contributor

I am so tired of QVC and their "celebrity" kick..... This topic has been brought up so many times, and it seems the majority of customers do NOT give a darn about celebrities in general.....To draw viewers in what they do NOT need is a "celebrity" host, what they DO need is a bigger VARIETY and more UNIQUE products!!!....Their product lineups and programming has really gotten stale and repetitive, a "celebrity" host isnt going to help their sales...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

I am so tired of QVC and their "celebrity" kick..... This topic has been brought up so many times, and it seems the majority of customers do NOT give a darn about celebrities in general.....To draw viewers in what they do NOT need is a "celebrity" host, what they DO need is a bigger VARIETY and more UNIQUE products!!!....Their product lineups and programming has really gotten stale and repetitive, a "celebrity" host isnt going to help their sales...Woman Frustrated

@SpurtI agree with you, but here's my thoughts on why I think this particular host may be a good thing...

I have never heard of Terri Conn, I do not watch soap operas.  So I have zero sense of "celebrity" about her.  What I'm hoping is that her already seasoned presence in front of the camera means she has a good voice, elocution, and presence.  In addition, she probably will not be overtaken by her image in the monitors, or become a newfound Diva because of it.  That, along with a better variety of good products, should (hopefully) make this hire a good thing.