Super Contributor

Boy, do I hate to see this show up on one of my orders! It seems to be happening all the time recently, even though I do not choose "USPS" as my preferred method of delivery. I've had items be in this dreaded "tendering" phase for 10 days! The shipping/delivery from QVC is really unacceptable.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ""Tendered to Postal Service""

QVC ships whichever is the most cost effective for them. On most items, you do have the option of choosing another shipping method, but there are additional charges.

I think I must be in the minority, though, because I love it when I see that the package was given to the post office for delivery. If USPS delivers the package, the item is brought straight to my door rather than being left downstairs in the mailbox area. Additionally, because we have a UPS hub here, and the main post office is only a couple of blocks away, I usually get items the same day they are tendered to the post office.

Honored Contributor

And she is back. Our mailbox is 1/4 mile away. If the package is too large the mail carrier will put it on the ground. UPS delvers to our door. We cannot even see our mailbox from our house!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm surprised it's okay for your letter carrier to leave a package on the ground, near the mailboxes. I would not find that acceptable.

Honored Contributor

I recently had an order (from Penzey's) that was shipped UPS ground - GROUND. It had a UPS type tracking number and everything. It had an ETA of yesterday (Friday).

When it arrived in this town it was given to the post office and given a USPS type tracking number. I thought that was quite unusual. It was delivered yesterday, so I can't complain.

But I was surprised. I am familiar with UPS Mail Innovations and SurePost (or whatever the names du jour are for this type of service). They always have a version of a USPS type tracking number. But this particular parcel was shipped by ground with a UPS tracking number.

I've also had some that were UPSMI and UPS kept them and delivered them instead of moving them on to USPS and adding a day to delivery. That was nice.

Trusted Contributor

I hate to tell you, but HSN does this and I get my stuff faster than ever. Three days tops.

Honored Contributor

It is not ok and we have spoken to our postmaster several times. The problem is we are very rural and don't have the same mail carrier 2 days in a row. Once a mail carrier jammed a vinyl record in our mail box.

Trusted Contributor

Bungo - Oh, no. That is not cool. I can't believe that if you request a certain carrier, it gets changed. Why ASK if you are going to do what you want to?

They only thing I can suggest - and it's probably an impossibility -- is to get a UPS Store shipping address. When something comes in, you go pick it up at the store. It's not jammed in your box or worse, stolen.

Bummer.

Respected Contributor

On 5/17/2014 alarmclock said:

Bungo - Oh, no. That is not cool. I can't believe that if you request a certain carrier, it gets changed. Why ASK if you are going to do what you want to?

They only thing I can suggest - and it's probably an impossibility -- is to get a UPS Store shipping address. When something comes in, you go pick it up at the store. It's not jammed in your box or worse, stolen.

Bummer.

Oh that is a great idea! I seem to order so much stuff for. amazon and the Q. I would love to be able to pick my stuff up easily and not worry about the days that my workplace is closed if I shipped something to myself there. I am one who hates Surepost. I don t like that I have no Idea what tracking number has been assigned and that my package is then "lost in space,"
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

Kjelle - With all of the viral videos of people stealing deliveries, it might be worth the expense. Did you see the girl that followed the UPS truck and grabbed every package on the route?

Disgusting.