Esteemed Contributor

Re: ""Tendered to Postal Service""

It does not bother me. The most it delays my delivery is usually one day every blue moon it may be two days. There has never been anything that I have ordered from QVC or HSN that is critically urgent for me to receive.

If you want to know what it's like to have to wait for package order through Groupon or Zullilly. That takes from 2-3 weeks after you have made your payment to receive your merchandise.

Honored Contributor

Our UPS store is several miles away. Maybe 30 minutes time wise.

Respected Contributor

I dislike it because if it's a large package, the postal carrier will shove it into the lock box whether it fits or not. UPS delivers to our door and will even set it inside it the weather is bad.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I don't mind it coming USPS, but I do mind them stuffing things in the mailbox. My postal carrier will take a qvc clothing bag and crumple it, so it fits. It ends up a wrinkled mess. I've had small boxes shoved in there that I had to fight with to get out.

Trusted Contributor

I have an really nice mail delivery person. If there is a package for delivery, he always rings my doorbell. If I am not home, he will walk the package to my back door and make sure the gate to the yard is closed so nobody can see that there is a package sitting there.

Respected Contributor

On 5/20/2014 naturalfan said:

I have an really nice mail delivery person. If there is a package for delivery, he always rings my doorbell. If I am not home, he will walk the package to my back door and make sure the gate to the yard is closed so nobody can see that there is a package sitting there.

I used to have one that would do that, but she retired. I live in an area with large lots, and very few will put themselves out. If they can't shove it in the mail box, (we have locked boxes with 2 large for packages.) I'll have a notice to pick it up at the post office.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*