Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Tell me what the price is!

It can seem deliberately deceptive, that's for sure!

However, I NEVER buy anything on QVC from just a TV presentation.    I go online and read the description, the cost, and, hopefully, there are reviews to read.   

Esteemed Contributor

That is the problem that I have. Yes, we can all add and at the end of the day it's up to us the consumers to perform our due diligence.

It just comes across to me as being deliberately deceptive.

Valued Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

l especially.dislike when the show host says, "Get it home for under twenty dollars." She/he doesn't mention how many easy-pays there are, or what the total price is for the item. Kind of deceptive, eh?

Only if you cannot add.  LOL  Seriously, I've noticed ALL the shopping channels doing this for some time now, so I'm sure most shoppers know about this technique. 

There are sometimes complete presentations when they will just mention the Easy Pay price and not even tell you how many payments.  Shawn is notorious for doing this, but others do as well.  It is very deceptive, especially for elderly shoppers or new shoppers who might not understand.

And I've NEVER heard a host mention that you have to pay for shipping.  They only mention shipping when it is reduced or free. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

l especially.dislike when the show host says, "Get it home for under twenty dollars." She/he doesn't mention how many easy-pays there are, or what the total price is for the item. Kind of deceptive, eh?

And I've increasingly noted some of them doing just that, some hosts more than others. I order only online on those increasingly rare occaisions that I order, so I always know, but the seeming attempt to obfuscate the price and the shipping are borderline sleazy. I know that for some, the Q can do no wrong, but in my book, they should always be very clear about pricing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

these days, I do what little QVC buying I do on the website (when that's up).  That way I know what it wil be.  It seems that all the shopping channels mention the extended payment price first and so I always make sure I check and have all the info before I decide if I really need whatever it is.

I was really disappointed, I bought two of those snow broom things (after all it has to snow in the midatlantic states one of these days) and boy what a poor product it was.  The battery cover is really hard to open. I wanted them to keep in the car because they had lights & the handle retracted, but they are not worth the $ I paid so those are going back.  I have one (w/o lights) that I bought years ago from another vendor and it has held up well so I guess I'll just buy another one from them.