Frequent Contributor

Been busy these last few weeks, so I haven't watched QVC much. But -- the few times I have, I've repeatedly seen items presented with NO mention of how much they cost! Not only was there no graphic on the screen to tell viewers the price of the item and/or shipping -- the host also said nothing about price.

I don't care how attractive an item is, I'm not gonna buy it if I don't know what it will cost me. Yes, I could go to the QVC website or mobile app and look up the item to find out the price. But it's annoying and time-consuming to have to do that; why can't the producers just show item prices onscreen while the item is on air?

Is not revealing the price some kind of sales tactic that's supposed to make you want an item more? (As in, build up the potential buyer's interest in the item so much that when the price is finally disclosed, he or she is craving it so much they'll pay anything?) I actually had a car dealer use this tactic on me once. I found a car that had all the features I wanted, and the sticker price was within my budget. But the salesman refused to give me an "out the door" price until I committed to buying from him. Even after I told him "No price, no buy," he kept on talking up how wonderful the car was but wouldn't quote the price. Finally I walked out in disgust. Eventually I did buy the car, but from a different dealer and salesman.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tell me what the price is!

I think Christmas day they had items without prices on them because everything was pre-recorded, but found it strange too.  Just tuned in for a minute and then was off to other things. 

Esteemed Contributor

I totally aggree!!!  . They have been  telling us the  easy pay and not the full price on items and that is so annoying.The graphics are printed in colors that are much too light to see properly too,so if i am watching in bed and my glasses are in another room (even with my glasses ,it is no good( I am NOT buying! 

My daughter,new to QVC, bought an item thinking the easy pay was the whole price and was very surprised to find it was only 1/3 of the price.

As for the no price at all, most of that was on Christmas day because it was prerecorded and prices were changeable

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginalFunny, but I never even thought about the prices not showing up during the few items I watched yesterday, but you just made it make sense to me.  Since the only way to order yesterday wwas on the website, anyone ordering would be seeing the price in front of them.

I wish there were a way for them to do that all the time.  The worse my vision gets, the more the cluttered screens the shopping channels and even the news channels use, the harder it is for me to follow. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, I was going to say what the other ladies have already mentioned, you were probably viewing the pre-recorded shows for the holiday.

A major sore point for me is when the hosts do not mention the actual price of the item. Some of them act as if they will get dollars subtracted from their paycheck if they actually say out loud the cost of the item. I do not mind them discussing the e/p price, but they should be mentioning the actual amount of the item, and then state the e/p.

I refuse to purchase  from hosts that will not mention the actual price of the item. It's the principle. Case in point I no longer watch "Friday Night Beauty". The usual host is one of  a handful that refuses to ever mention the actual cost of the item.

Honored Contributor

@icezeusDoesn't even bother me -  it's another sales gimmick   same as free shipping (it's always included somehow) or same as the car salesman asking me what I want to pay monthly (nohing).

Maybe it doesn't bother me beccause I already know I'm not buying anything online that cost 9.97 or some weirdly small price and I just pay no attention.

Or maybe I watched Judge Judy once too oftwen remind the characters in her courtroom that the contract is what's printed, not what someone maintains was said

I think the vasrt majority of buyers know quite clearly they're not getting some $200 item for $40.   

Honored Contributor

l especially.dislike when the show host says, "Get it home for under twenty dollars." She/he doesn't mention how many easy-pays there are, or what the total price is for the item. Kind of deceptive, eh?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

l especially.dislike when the show host says, "Get it home for under twenty dollars." She/he doesn't mention how many easy-pays there are, or what the total price is for the item. Kind of deceptive, eh?

Only if you cannot add.  LOL  Seriously, I've noticed ALL the shopping channels doing this for some time now, so I'm sure most shoppers know about this technique. 

Respected Contributor

Well, anyone can figure it out, but it does seem unfair.  Anyway, it's probably more than they say by the time they add on tax and shipping. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that during the presentations, that the easy pay price is highlighted.  You have to search for the actual price.