Respected Contributor

Re: Tell Me About the “Old” QVC

@GinaV24  I loved the shows with Joan Rivers. I never missed one, especially when she and Kathy Levine were on together.

They were so funny. I just watched for the entertainment, not really looking to buy something.

However, I did buy a lot from Joan Rivers, both jewelry and clothing. Being a petite, she presented a lot of things with us in mind. I still wear three quilted jackets that came from one of her last shows.  I still miss her.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Being on the set when St. Patrick’s Day shows were all day.

[ Edited ]

@jepsmom@Pandalady   How fun! That must have been great to be on the Irish Pub set.

I loved those St. Patrick's Day shows with the dancers, the music and the vendors from Ireland. I bought a lot of sweaters, capes, jewelry, Belleek, Irish dolls and crystal.

It was fun when they would show film clips of Ireland. I miss those showws.

My daughter would take that day off from work, so she could watch those shows.

I don't watch anymore, but I remember Kate. Those shows are not the same anymore.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Tell Me About the “Old” QVC Prices

I remember D&C would have blue jeans at 30 dollars,and 2  vneck tees under 30 $ 1 stripe and 1 solid and lasted for ever.!! The host didn t  change clothes thats what the models are for!! The clothes was alot cheaper then .Now prices are to high,I dont have a Q card anymore.I still watch ,but dont buy as much.

Contributor

QVC shopper since 1986 since day one. Wow.. where do I start? Whatever is pertinent and true has been said throughout these posts. What can I add? I miss all the things that have been said here. 

- The personal lives of the hosts chatter was minimal

- Product descriptions were detailed from: inseam measurments, garment measurements, jewelry specs were given in detail, overall; products were discussed in better detail.

- Hosts cared more about the product then chatting about themselves.

- The background music was never obnoxious.

- I don't remember all the on-air dancing.

- Hosts seemed more "down to earth" (less phoney)

- Quality was better.

And I guess I could go on and on.

Another side note, just for fun.

I have Denim & Co sweat shirts from 30 years ago, and some Denim & Co pants that still look NEW - that's how well they were made. 

Another gripe: I just ordered a Peace & World jacket, and it took the Q 6 days to ship it - it will be another 5 days until I receive it.  Since so much has changed with online shopping now; you'd think the Q could ship as fast or better than other online sites? NOPE. 
So I guess I would have to add: Slow shipping. 

38 years with the Q this coming June - and I'm still here. I guess they must be doing a few things right...or I would not be a customer any more.

I don't post often; but I think this is a great topic to discuss, since the Q seems to have changed, and not necessarily for the better. 

I will probably stay a customer until they no longer are an online retailer...so what does that say?

When all my complaining is over, I must say; I do enjoy some of the shows when the hosts act professional, and they still have a few good products I can't find anywhere else.

It's been an "interesting" 38 years. Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

@OutOfTheBlue

I keep coming back to this thread to read any new posts!

Thank you ,for sharing 💖

Denim and Co.....never wears out !

I too ,miss the host focusing on the product 😌.....giving all important information....
I miss the jewelry shows 😪

Do you happen to remember a host named Donna Harfenist ? Spelling of last name ...wrong ! She did a lot of gem shows...she was always so calm and enjoyable to watch ...
TYIA...
Contributor

@Sassycoco I can't say if I remember Donna Harfenist. There were so many vendors and hosts over the years, I sort of lost track/memory of them all. 

Honored Contributor

When I worked in retail, we had customers that came into our store on a regular basis. So we got to know and chat with them. One lady went to QVC when they had shows with a studio audience. She enjoyed attending the shows. Several of us decided to attend the next audience show together. Sadly, there was never another audience show.

I wish I could have attended a show.

Frequent Contributor

On these food shows, there are some hosts who just shovel the food in their pie hole!!! It is extremely disgusting!!! The biggest pie hole hoarders are the new guy named TJ, and Jayne Brown!!! They are both just too awful for words!!!
Honored Contributor

@shellwwwwww : This is a very unkind post.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Regular Contributor

I finally turned off today's show.
MaryBeth shoving everything in her mouth, not just a taste or sample and talking at the same time was disgusting. The blouse she had on was already tight... made it look awful.