Frequent Contributor

Tax Free Weekend August 7-9, 2015

I live in a state, county, and city that honors Tax Free Weekend for certain purtchases. Why oh, why am I  being charged tax by the Q???  I have spoken with several friends who live out of state and their orders went through with $0.00 on the tax line. This has not been a problem until the last few years.  I have called Customer Service numerous times over the past years and have received their usual scripted responses - thank you for your concern, we will respond within the next 7-10 days, blah, blah, blah.  I am still waiting!!!  No doubt the computers are programmed to not charge tax during these days, so why is my state excluded?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tax Free Weekend August 7-9, 2015

That is ridiculous.  Last weekend was our tax-free weekend, and I made a couple of purchases from Nordstrom online.  Although the confirmation page showed that tax was charged, the tax amount was credited and only the cost for the item came through on my debit card.  I checked and online retailers are NOT supposed to charge sales tax on these weekends.  Too bad all retailers can't be like Nordstrom.

Hope you get your money back.

Honored Contributor

I've made numerous purchases on our tax-free week-end the past couple of years and have not been charged sales tax by QVC.  Are you sure you made eligible purchases?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I was not charged sales tax on the TSV pants I ordered this morning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Tax free weekend for me was last weekend. I ordered several things from QVC and was not charged tax. 

Honored Contributor

What's the possibility that your state doesn't noltify online companies?  It seems strnage that only one state would have been left offf and you deliberately were charged the tax.

Or, there was a programming error and like the scri[pted reply you got from CS, the money will be refunded.  I did get carged tales tax last winter on an item for which I didn't think I should have been charged, but I didn't realize I shouldn't have been charged until after the second AD shipment.  I got my money back = but no individual CS rep could approve the change - it had to go to corporate.  It did and I got my $2+ collars.

Assuming OP's purchases fit her state's requirements, I expect she will get her money back.

Valued Contributor

I've placed 3 orders this weekend and have hot been charged tax on any of them.  Make sure your orders meet eligibility based on product category and $ limits.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

I have made a few online purchases and was not charged tax. FYI, I live in Ohio and this is the first time this has been offered here. I also ordered an item from the Q and wasn't charged tax.

Frequent Contributor

My ordered items were those that qualified. I made several online purchases with other retailers today and there was no tax charged as I checked out.  This is totally a QVC problem and the sad thing is that no one cares or is willing to go the extra step to get to a solution.  

Thanks for your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

This is ours too and Q didn't charge me tax on the clothing I ordered.   In fact, I'm thinking of ordering one more thing before the day is over.