Contributor

Why does every host on QVC have to act like everything they eat/taste is so darn good and make that ah it’s so yummy face? I’m sure it’s just a ploy to get you to buy some of the food. Not everything can taste that good.

Honored Contributor

@LikeToKnow It's what they are paid to do. No biggie. 

Respected Contributor

Because they are selling food.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Not to be snarky, but that's their job. It might be more honest to say " this is just so so, " but it might not be good for job security.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: Tasting Food

[ Edited ]

@LikeToKnow wrote:

Why does every host on QVC have to act like everything they eat/taste is so darn good and make that ah it’s so yummy face? I’m sure it’s just a ploy to get you to buy some of the food. Not everything can taste that good.

Question: Why does a QVC host do (X, Y, Z)

Answer: Because they are selling you something.

That is almost always the answer, no matter what the question is.

Their mission is to sell you things. Everything they do is in support of that mission.

Respected Contributor

Hi LikeTo - Looks Like You Answered Your OWN Question - *wink*!!!

Honored Contributor

@LikeToKnow wrote:

@LikeToKnow.  Why would you even ask such a question?  Because they're trying to sell it of course.  A yucky face would generate few sales.  A happy dance blows the roof off sales.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LikeToKnow wrote:

@LikeToKnow.  Why would you even ask such a question?  Because they're trying to sell it of course.  A yucky face would generate few sales.  A happy dance blows the roof off sales.

I do have to wonder about people who buy when they see the " happy dance", I mean David seems like a pleasant person, but he's dancing so you'll press the order button.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LikeToKnow wrote:

Most foods are good, but the Happy Dance doesn't blow the roof off for me, it blows my mind ,and I immediately turn the show off.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LikeToKnow wrote:

@Kachina624   You took the words right out of my mouth! Do people actually know what they are watching? Everyone on the Q is a salesperson working to get you to spend your money. They are in business to make money.

Why would a host say this food is awful? I hate this blouse or these shoes are ugly?