Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte 4 piece mascara set with gift bags

That Tarte mascara -- Lights, Camera, Lashes -- is my all time favorite mascara.  It's sensational for me because it gives fantastic lush payoff, without looking like spider lashes.  The reason it looks like spider lashes in the on-air presentations is because they always exaggerate the application to show maximum coverage and blow-out results.  

You never have to get your lashes to look like that, I never have.  I get false eyelash results, but truly believable and tasteful results. I have never applied more than two coats for beautiful lashes.

If the results were not good, or even seemed dried out, those 4-pc sets may indeed be mascara they've held onto for several years.  Sorry that happened.  If you do return them all, you should be able to get a full refund.

Honored Contributor

Thats too bad, sounds like you received a bad batch.....I generally like this mascara, its not my favorite, but I do like it. 

Valued Contributor

I ordered that special 4 piece set last year.  Threw them all out because they were all dried out and clumpy and I was too lazy to send it back.  I've ordered Lights, Camera, Lashes before that and it was the same -- dried out and clumpy.  

I've learned my lesson.

Honored Contributor

I used to like Lights Camera Lashes, but then it started flaking on me, so stopped ordering it.  I then changed over to Lancome Defencils mascara that I had used years ago and that worked for awhile but then the inner tube would come apart from the outer tube.  That happened on two tubes, so I stopped using it too.  

I just can't do the vertical application thing.  If I need to I'll use a lash comb and I have a heated eyelash curler I really like.  

Respected Contributor

Jen Coffey pushes this mascara set almost every nite like it’s gold. I wonder if she and her daughter really use ( as she claims) or is she fooling everyone. 🤔
Valued Contributor

L'Oreal has the best mascara....multiple choices.
Any store carries it. I use the Million Lashes ( gold tube....inexpensive and lasts.
Respected Contributor

@Suneshine   Thanks so much for your post.  I was thinking of purchasing these but I didn't need four tubes of mascara sitting in my drawer for months.  

Mascara is such a hit or miss product.  I followed a Youtuber who swore by Lash Paradise.  I purchased it and was so disappointed. It was so thick and clumpy.

I saw another poster here who purchased it and loved it.  I guess it might depend on your lashes.  Mine are neither thick nor long.  Too thick of a mascara makes my lashes look terrible.  I have had good results with using a lash primer first and then just a lighter coat of mascara.

Once again thank you op.  You saved me some money.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel like some places (like cvs) may not turn over the inventory fast enough.  Every mascara anywhere seems dried out to me.  So sometimes I pick what looks like it's almost sold out.  That tarte was a good deal.  I never buy more than one ahead.  I do open a new one every three months.  I don't ever want four at a time.  

Someone once here said add a drop of argon oil to it.  I did it once. Seemed to make it better.  It made it moist at least.

Super Contributor

Thank you for all of the feedback.  I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has experienced this.  I also felt the same way about the IT mascara when I was getting the auto delivery shipment from a TSV in past years.  The mascara was good but it dried out and caked around the opening rather quickly. 

Honored Contributor

@Suneshine   I usally order these mascaras when offered in sets of 4...good value. Yes, have had to send a few sets back over the years because they were dried out.