Respected Contributor

Re: Tara's Expanded Outdoor Décor Line

[ Edited ]

I really dont get the fascination with Temptations.  I ordered once, and the painting was so bad I returned it.  Its inexpensive and "cutsey" to some but the quality is not good.

She needs some competition.  David V. has been her cheerleader from the start and some people seem to like whatever David likes.  To me its cheap and it looks it.  

Respected Contributor

*shrug*. I like it.
Super Contributor

@MrSour  Speaking as a person who has purchased her bakeware........JUNK.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I really dont get the fascination with Temptations.  I ordered once, and the painting was so bad I returned it.  Its inexpensive and "cutsey" to some but the quality is not good.

She needs some competition.  David V. has been her cheerleader from the start and some people seem to like whatever David likes.  To me its cheap and it looks it.  

@Catch71  Temp-tations are relatively inexpensive and cute. That's the appeal. And, you are right, the brand doesn't have any real competition. I've been looking around. PW has pretty bakers, but they are also made in China. I wish Fiesta made decorated bakers.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought most of her items were cheaply made.  Those lanterns were awful!  After seeing what lanterns are sold on QVC,its a joke.  She is far too smug and overconfident for my taste.  Her things have always been poorly made.  I sent them back due to their poor quality.  Yet, they all play up to her for some reason.

Super Contributor

@DecorDiva  YES! Polish Stoneware. Beautiful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Tara from Temp-tations is currently showing her "Centertaining" outdoor line with Sandra Bennett. While I'm all for someone expanding their line, as a long-time Temp-ttions bakeware fan, I sure wish Tara would pay more attention to her quality control of her recent bakeware pieces. I told my DIL I would find a replacement for her broken 9x13 baker. It took me returning the order 3 times before I received one that could pass muster. Same thing happened when I tried to add to my poinsettia collection, and I finally gave up. I wonder if she is going to give up on the bakeware collection because of QC.

@PA Mom-mom 

YOU NAILED IT!!!!  I was down to do two plates in my Temptation's dinnerware and I treated this set like it was fine china and followed all the instructions ----the cracking and crazing is ridiculous---and I would have to pay postage to and from to get a replacement item and that's adding insult to injury! SERIOUS WORK IS NEEDED ON QUALITY OF THEIR BAKEWARE AND DINNERWARE! I threw out the remaining pieces and bought a Lenox set on sale....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I would rather buy quality pieces. Tara's products don't appeal to me. 

Trusted Contributor

I bought a whole set of Old World bakeware when she first came on QVC.  No problems, but I just got tired of them.  I have one  9x13 baker with lid and wire holder in "Lattice" that I just love.  I don't think she sells that pattern anymore.

My favorite bakeware is from Lidia Bastianich.  It is simple and has held up well.  I think she was on QVC for about 5 minutes!  Good stuff.

Respected Contributor

I think Tara is coming out with new things because Temptations has run it's course.