Esteemed Contributor

Tara's Expanded Outdoor Décor Line

[ Edited ]

Tara from Temp-tations is currently showing her "Centertaining" outdoor line with Sandra Bennett. While I'm all for someone expanding their line, as a long-time Temp-ttions bakeware fan, I sure wish Tara would pay more attention to her quality control of her recent bakeware pieces. I told my DIL I would find a replacement for her broken 9x13 baker. It took me returning the order 3 times before I received one that could pass muster. Same thing happened when I tried to add to my poinsettia collection, and I finally gave up. I wonder if she is going to give up on the bakeware collection because of QC.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tara's Expanded Outdoor Décor Line

I know, and now she is doing spinners........imagine the quality of those things!

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Tara from Temp-tations is currently showing her "Centertaining" outdoor line with Sandra Bennett. While I'm all for someone expanding their line, as a long-time Temp-ttions bakeware fan, I sure wish Tara would pay more attention to her quality control of her recent bakeware pieces. I told my DIL I would find a replacement for her broken 9x13 baker. It took me returning the order 3 times before I received one that could pass muster. Same thing happened when I tried to add to my poinsettia collection, and I finally gave up. I wonder if she is going to give up on the bakeware collection because of QC.

This is why all her products are on clearance. There are certain people I would never consider buying from and she is one of them.  Something about her turns me off.

Esteemed Contributor

@MrSour  I wish they were on clearance! The 9x13 just went UP by $5.00. I have used her bakers and bowls for many, many years and never had a problem. It's just within the last few years that there has been a quality problem for me. It seems when product lines expand beyond control the quality of all the products go down.

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@MrSour  I wish they were on clearance! The 9x13 just went UP by $5.00. I have used her bakers and bowls for many, many years and never had a problem. It's just within the last few years that there has been a quality problem for me. It seems when product lines expand beyond control the quality of all the products go down.

Everyday her products are in the lunchtime clearance. They added 4 or 5 today.

Esteemed Contributor

@MrSour  I'm sorry I missed the lunchtime specials, but they never seem to be the practical bakeware pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom    She hurt herself by discontuing certain colors IMO.   Then add the quality on top of that.

Valued Contributor

I am struck by how often she seems to be on!  This line must be extremely popular because she has TempTations shows all her own, ITKWD appearances almost every show, and usually has some item prominently featured when one clicks on to QVC.com.

I thought that she might be an investor of Qurate because she has such prominence.

There are a lot of her products that seem to fill certain needs but I am waiting for her to offer a more streamlined line with less busy patterns.  The Woodland is a step in the right direction, but still gilds the lily a bit too much for my spartan aesthetic!

Trusted Contributor

I think QVC is becoming the Temptations network.  The profit margin must be high.  I bought a few pieces when they first debuted in patterns that weren't continued.  I switched to Polish stoneware. There seems to be a lot of quality issues.  I wonder what is next, clothing and jewelry?

Esteemed Contributor

Jaw dropped seeing that round dinky 5 ft 'rug' for $70 range..

I could get an end piece at the carpet store (and have) with

bound edges and thick for less $$$

So smug.....over her cheap China garbage