Super Contributor

Tanners leaving dark spots on my skin - What suggestions do you have?

I use sun tan products occasionally, but they leave dark spots on my legs/arms afterwards.  Can anyone recommend a product to bleach my skin safely? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tanners leaving dark spots on my skin - What suggestions do you have?

I had that happen, too.     Had to exfoliate like crazy.    Not only did I have the "brown spots".....but they were rough, too.    Took MONTHS to get rid of them.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can use body concealers rather than tanning products.  I think Westmore Beauty has one and also Laura Geller.  They won't bring out the dark spots, but the self tanners will.  Sorry, I don't know of a way to get rid of the dark spots, except maybe over time?

@CABRIT ETA: If it's your face, Dr. Denese's facial firming pads are supposed to work on dark spota.  

Honored Contributor

@CABRIT wrote:

I use sun tan products occasionally, but they leave dark spots on my legs/arms afterwards.  Can anyone recommend a product to bleach my skin safely? 

@CABRIT   The few times I self tanned, that happened to me too. If you think about it, the tanner is darkening your skin, so stands to reason, it will also darken (more than surrounding skin) any freckles, age spots, hypermigmention, etc. If you bleach the darker areas, the "tan" will be more uneven. 

Trusted Contributor

Ambi Skin Lightening Cream - $4.99 at Wal-Mart.

Honored Contributor

I learned the hard way to stay away from sunless tanners, I have learned to be pale and like it!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

brillo soap pads. They work great removing brake dust and grime off my tire wheels. Get the ones that don't scratch

Honored Contributor

I don't think they are a good idea.  Jmo.

A bronzing powder might be better.  Or one of the ones another posted suggested here.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I use Westmore makeup when I'm going out & it's a good product. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for this.  I ordered some from Walmart last night.  I appreciate it.