Honored Contributor

Re: TV Personality

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DiamondsandGold wrote:

And I am wondering why Terri and Amy are no longer on Soaps!!!!! HMMMMM...

@DiamondsandGold 

And some used to be TV newscasters and reporters and their careers in that field didnt last either...(one host that was let go by QVC, her QVC BIO showed all these numerous broadcasting jobs she had in her short career---that should have told QVC something and should have been a warning about hiring her!) 

@Spurt   The problem is that they make the show about them.  Take JT for example.  Everyone is sick of hearing about her Family, Her posing and her size small that she is in.   We are not stupid,  but we are being treated as if we are.  What it costs in shipping to return something, It is a turn off when you want details of the item,  not their Family or the Disney trips.  The product MUST BE FIRST and it is not.    With sales down and no changes, I don't see Q lasting.   Putting two hosts together for what??  I remember when everything was explained so well, but not anymore.  I remember when the product was the star of the show.  NOT THE HOST.

@BalletBabe 

Well said! I think the Producers need to check the website of the Products On Air and see customers unanswered questions about the product---to me that shows a FAILED presentation when viewers know more about the host's family than they do about the product that was demonstrated on air....Sometimes the problem is that the host wouldn't let the vendor speak and/or finish their sentence....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

All the more reason to not bring guests into the studio.

More time taken up by hugging, embracing and generally unnecessary idle pandering and chit chat.  All for 10 minutes of nothingness.

Honored Contributor

Many of them certainly have big egos. I think many of them were just in the right place at the right time. I do not consider them to be TV personalities just because they happened to land a job on TV as a salesperson. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Many of them certainly have big egos. I think many of them were just in the right place at the right time. I do not consider them to be TV personalities just because they happened to land a job on TV as a salesperson. 

@RetRN 

You are so right...SOME try to make the job seem more important and more glamourous than it actually is...😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager 

"All the more reason to not bring guests into the studio.

More time taken up by hugging, embracing and generally unnecessary idle pandering and chit chat.  All for 10 minutes of nothingness."

If only the hosts would spend as much time describing the clothes as they do patting themselves and the guests on the back I would purchase more clothes.