Regular Contributor

If I am interested in buying a product I would much rather listen to the vendor explain the item to me. Maybe that is what is happening, the hosts now think they are ready for prime time.

Honored Contributor

THAT'S IT!!!! Perhaps thats why Qurates revenues and sales have declined...perhaps the hosts need to focus more on product information and selling the product rather than being "a TV personality"......🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

THAT'S IT!!!! Perhaps thats why Qurates revenues and sales have declined...perhaps the hosts need to focus more on product information and selling the product rather than being "a TV personality"......?

@Spurt    Yeah...but...NOW the "personalities" are also becoming DESIGNERS.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

They sure have a lot of TV air time, though.

Two, three, sometimes four straight hours.

Mostly ad lib, too.

It takes quite a bit training and experience to be able to do that in front of cameras and millions of viewers.

It isn't very easy, in my opinion.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

THAT'S IT!!!! Perhaps thats why Qurates revenues and sales have declined...perhaps the hosts need to focus more on product information and selling the product rather than being "a TV personality"......?

@Spurt    Yeah...but...NOW the "personalities" are also becoming DESIGNERS.   

@Desertdi 

Just when you think it cant get worse....IT DOES! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: TV Personality

[ Edited ]

Many of these hosts are actors and have hosted talk shows, acted in summer stock, or plays, have been in TV shows, etc. so, I guess you could call them "TV Personalities."  I remember reading that Monifa was in a few episodes of "Queen Sugar."  Shawn was on a show with Martha Stewart, Amy & Terri Conn have been on soap operas, Rick & Julia have studied and acted in Shakespearean plays, and many were newscasters, etc.

Respected Contributor

They are TV Personalities. Is there any untruth in that?

Regular Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

They sure have a lot of TV air time, though.

Two, three, sometimes four straight hours.

Mostly ad lib, too.

It takes quite a bit training and experience to be able to do that in front of cameras and millions of viewers.

It isn't very easy, in my opinion.

I agree, but that is the job they applied for and I would imagine the yays and nays of the job were explained to them during the interview.  Just do your best.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely they are television personalities.

"Hosts" of programming are listed as a category of television personality for SAG/AFTRA membership.

Honored Contributor

Who cares?  I dont see a problem, just nit picking.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)