Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

It is very simply a sales technique.  While you may simply change the channel there are many that don't.  If those people continue to see the same item over and over they then decide that they want the item especially when the hosts start telling us how many have sold.  This tactic prays on the vulnerable and gullible.  

I can't blame QVC for showing the item multiple times per day.  Some presentations may annoy me but I have willpower not to succumb to the sales technique.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

It is very simply a sales technique.  While you may simply change the channel there are many that don't.  If those people continue to see the same item over and over they then decide that they want the item especially when the hosts start telling us how many have sold.  This tactic prays on the vulnerable and gullible.  

I can't blame QVC for showing the item multiple times per day.  Some presentations may annoy me but I have willpower not to succumb to the sales technique.

@mimomof4 

Well this "technique" doesn't seem to be working the proof is in the pudding as QVC's revenues and sales continued to fall well before the pandemic and for several years...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor
The TSV is the major reason I turn the channel. I didn't need to see 60 minutes of the Vitamix blender. I like the kitchen shows, but the seemingly constant and repetitive TSV on Sunday had me turn off QVC to never tune back in the remainder of the day.
Super Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Show a TSV full presentation as we are accustomed to at midnight and then at the top of the hour for 5 min. Anyone who wants a full presentaion can go on line. 

This is the perfect TSV schedule!

Respected Contributor

The TSV schedule used to be eight 15 minute presentations every day. I would like QVC to go back to that limitation.

Honored Contributor

Vionic shoes do not appeal to me whatsoever, and now they're well over $100?  I've looked at them closely at Dillards and can't wear the orthotic so I'm totally out of the loop.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

We have complained and complained about the overly long presentations of the TSV and also other items.  How can they talk about a plain old shirt for 10 mins.

However, no one at the Q listens to their customers........sad.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

We have complained and complained about the overly long presentations of the TSV and also other items.  How can they talk about a plain old shirt for 10 mins.

However, no one at the Q listens to their customers........sad.

@Patriot3 

Except for one host, who spends 8 of the 10 minutes adjusting her nose glasses!

shawn 2.jpg