Honored Contributor

Re: TSV 's they are going back to the old days .

@Spurt wrote:

JMHO but to me QVC was overkilling the TSV and Q2 Big Deal products became too limited and repetitive!....Not only did they give advance notice and "sneak peeks" of TSV and Q2 Big Deals-, but then QVC did an overkill on the products as well...and instead of a TV Channel, they had become more like one big infommercial and the same product repeated too often!!! ....To me a TSV/Big Deal should last one day and that's it!!!  QVC needs more variety and uniqueness of products to get me and many others to watch and buy. The repetitiveness was boring and made many of us change the channel...

@Spurt 

I tend to agree.  I have to admit that I don't buy enough anymore to really care too much one way or another, but I didn't like having the TSVs available for days and days on end.  It was too confusing--which day was it actually going to air so that I could see a presentation (or more) if I wanted?  They didn't seem "special" that way, nor did they seem like much of a value.  It didn't make much sense to do that and still have a "Weekly Value" and days of "Big Deals" too.

I also don't think it was as advantageous to the vendors who make out better from QVC when people order during their time on air.

As for the Big Deal, I think having them available on the website for a few days is just fine.  I do check them out occasionally and like having the option on some things for having more than one day to make a purchasing decision.

That said, what I don't like about how this is set up right now is having to click on the presale TSV email to get to the product page for any additional production information or to preorder.  I wish they would put the order number in the email so that I can come to the website myself and search for it.  I don't like clicking on anything in emails.

Respected Contributor

What you said is true , but if they only have one day to unload their TSV merchandise , you are never going to see less presentations that is for sure . Which i can see from a business view , which is priorty number one.

Respected Contributor

I personally really liked that you got advance info on the TSV.  What they COULD DO would not to make it all available.  Put a percentage of the product out there for availability in advance and save the balance for the day of.  

I am more likely to purchase with advance notice than with no notice.  Often times I'm so busy that I miss the day of and then it's come and gone. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I personally really liked that you got advance info on the TSV.  What they COULD DO would not to make it all available.  Put a percentage of the product out there for availability in advance and save the balance for the day of.  

I am more likely to purchase with advance notice than with no notice.  Often times I'm so busy that I miss the day of and then it's come and gone. 

@nyc1 

I'm still getting emails with advance notice of upcoming TSVs.  You're still able to see the product information and order ahead of the day of presentation.

Advance information isn't available on the website anymore, that's all.

Super Contributor

They must be picking and choosing because I see the Wicker Park Spheres are being shown in advance.

Mint

Honored Contributor

@Mint2 wrote:

They must be picking and choosing because I see the Wicker Park Spheres are being shown in advance.

Mint

@Mint2 

Where do you see those?

Honored Contributor

It  really doesn't matter to me because I can't be hustled into buying something thinking it's going to be gone, gone, gone in minutes.... and having three or more TSVs available at once is just overkill IMHO.   Maybe I've just been around way too long (over 30 years).  There's so much on my "Do not buy no matter how good the price" because of all kinds of reasons but mainly just not living up to the hype.  But occasionally I do buy.... but mostly not interested in TSVs at all.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I agree that they are showing too many of the QVC2 deals. Yesterday, since the TSV was from Denim & Co, I was glad that we wouldn't have to lose a half hour of David's show to show a computer or something that had noting to do with cooking. Then they threw in a 30-minute presentation of a Dyson, which was the QVC2 Big Deal. I know David sells the most, but they lost me when they did that. I decided to walk the dogs and never came back to his show.

Respected Contributor

I've always thought the purpose of the TSV was to set the tone of the day with similar products to be offered.  I became less and less interested in these presentations so I've pretty much tuned out.  Even if I was interested in their product of the day, it was seldom a good deal.  Shame.  They used to offer unique items, but that changed long ago.

Honored Contributor

I think I'm a pretty average customer.  I buy most of my apparel and kitchen items from QVC.  I spend a lot of time on the forums.   But I don't scope out the three channels and all the specials every day.  I will tell you what burns me, though, that's buying an item and finding out the special price I thought I was getting has expired. In principle I will not order that item at full price. I'll wait until a promotion or clearance comes up, or I'll just forget the item.