Esteemed Contributor

They have now switched to a different way of presenting TSV's at midnight. They are now offering five pays for one hour and then switching back to decreasing the number of easy pays after the hour. The linens were 5 easy pays and now are two. This seems like a strange way to keep customers buying. I would think this is going to backfire on them. 

Strange way to do business. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think the TSV has lost its appeal so they are trying to make it exciting again. And to be truthful I used to wait for certain TSV all excited now it’s not kept a secret. They have pre sales. It’s leaked on line and it’s just not Special anymore. I for one will not do those easypays boy they can backfire on ya financially. 

Honored Contributor

I think it's one of those things that we can say "You'll never know until you try it."   Lots of experiments start out small (like this one hour) and grow or disappear depending upon what they find out.  The financial people work with all kinds of percentages we don't have access to -  they'll know whether it increases sales at midnight and whether it increases sales over the full time of that particular TSV.

All I ever know is what it does for me and the few people who post here -  and even we don't all react the same way.  

Honored Contributor

Just a way to have you place an order quickly without thinking much about it.  Also, orders are almost impossible to cancel.  

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Just a way to have you place an order quickly without thinking much about it.  Also, orders are almost impossible to cancel.  

I agree. It's simply a marketing technique to get people to buy what they're selling right at that moment. Kind of like a flash sale. 

Esteemed Contributor

It really does not bother me. This is a small dollar item. five easy pays vs two easy pays on a $40.00 item does not break the bank.