Frequent Contributor

I purchased the TSV five months ago (Sept, 2014) for $99 and change. Today the TSV is the exact same thing for $7 less (SunJo Chain Saw). This is the second time I've noticed a TSV being offered less a few months later. Isn't a TSV the best value it will ever be? It also happened when I purchased a TSV bracelet and a few months later it was event priced at $20 less! It's making me lose confidence in QVC's pricing. Any thoughts? Am I interpreting the TSV pricing incorrectly?

Honored Contributor
I'm very surprised they would do that. I also thought a TSV is a one-time offering at the lowest price. Maybe they thought no one would notice! If so, they underestimated their customers.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

The following is posted on this website"

Today's Special Value®

Every day since 1987, we've offered one specially marked item at an exceptionally low price. That's our Today's Special Value and it's good for that day from Midnight ET until 11:59pm PT. During certain QVC Plus™ simulcasts, Today's Special Value prices may end at 11:59pm ET.

I am unaware of QVC -- or any other retailer -- ever guaranteeing that a sale price (which is what a TSV is -- nothing more) is ever the lowest price ever offered. Complaint's like the OP /'s demonstrate several things -- the lack of understanding how retail works and the tendency to blame a retailer because of a personal lack of understanding.

If we follow the OP's statements to their logical conclusion, no retailer would ever be able to sell an item lower than a one-time sales price., Does the OP and others expect this from places like Best Buy or Wal-Mart? No, of course not, so it is silly to expect it from QVC.

What we all must do, as consumers, is make a decision on the value and pricing an item at the time of purchase and then follow through. When we purchase a sales item -- or even an item not on sale -- we are doing so based upon our needs and wants plus the item's valuye -- a that time -- we cannot make decisions based on what it may or may not be at some point in the future because that is never guaranteed.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about a lower price on a TSV...

However, I do know that when the hosts have a One Time Only item, they usually state over and over, unequivocally, that it is the lowest price the item will EVER be offered on QVC. The One Time Only is when the TSV has sold out or is so limited that they will not present it again, so they have one specially priced item each hour after that. And they do state that it will never be offered at a lower price.

But they're wrong to say that, and it is misleading. I always believed it until now, when I got curious and looked it up. This is what the QVC website says -- it's the lowest price it will be offered for a minimum of 12 months, not "the lowest price it will ever be offered", as most of the hosts state. They need to get things straight before they mislead their customers.

One Time Only Value

When our Today's Special Value® sells out or there is not another presentation scheduled today, we have the opportunity to offer One Time Only Values. A One Time Only Value features the lowest price you will see on the item for a minimum of 12 months. This price is only valid for a limited period of time or until the item has sold out, whichever occurs first.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 kittymomNC said:

I don't know about a lower price on a TSV...

However, I do know that when the hosts have a One Time Only item, they usually state over and over, unequivocally, that it is the lowest price the item will EVER be offered on QVC. The One Time Only is when the TSV has sold out or is so limited that they will not present it again, so they have one specially priced item each hour after that. And they do state that it will never be offered at a lower price.

You are so right in what you said kittymom. I also have heard them say in no uncertain terms that the TSV or one time only IS the lowest price it will ever be, so I don't think the OP is wrong at all to be confused by their pricing policies now. Even if the policy states lowest price for 12 months, the OP's purchases fell way in that time frame. Who knows what the Q is thinking, but like someone else said, they probably think no one will notice. Well they are wrong on that score, lol.

Vicki