Trusted Contributor

30 years ago I went crazy for Calphalon when I bought my first house.  I think I used that cookware a handful of times - it was just me and the microwave heated everything I ate.  I gave it all away to one of my employees who loved to cook.  

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV presentations....

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I also think there are other great alternatives now, Le Creuset and Staub don't carry the prestige that it once did.  You can get excellent cookware/vessels for much less in price.  I can see carrying a Dooney or Gucci because luxury can mean better quality, and the world can see it, but who will really be impressed when you pay two or three times as much for a skillet?

I purchased Geoffrey Zakarian's 12" cast iron skillet with its PFOA-free nonstick interior coating for $46.  It's fantastic! 

@Caaareful Shopper 

ITA...and even Dooney....Macy's and Dillards have great sales and you avoid QVC's exhorbitant $11 shipping fee....

I did purchase the Geoffrey Zakarian Mandolin....I was always cutting myself on old style mandolins thought this would be better havent received it yet

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

FWIW, by the end of the day yesterday, only a hundred or so of the Le Creuset skillets in white were still available—all the other colors had sold out. This morning, the emerald and provence colors are showing up on the website again as well, but it's likely that there aren't many of them to go around (they were the final two colors to go on Wednesday). Sellouts always depend on the item and its overall value/savings, and as others have noted, there aren't too many amazing deals offered as TSVs lately.

Valued Contributor
No existing customer appreciation, high shipping prices, shipping on every single item ordered even if they’re in the same box, slow shipping, did I mention shipping? Also, poor quality control, no promo codes.

QVC isn’t doing enough to stay competitive. Consumers have so many more options available than ever before. There are sites doing to same thing as Q and doing it much better.
Honored Contributor

The TS today of the dollar store type utensils is the worse one I have ever seen. What a yawner 

Esteemed Contributor

This comment really isn't worth starting a whole new thread for, so I thought I'd post it here since it's related to daily deals: There wasn't a single One Day Only offer today! That hasn't happened in a very long time. I hope this means we'll have a whole bunch of wonderful bargains available during the long CIJ weekend...  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I also think there are other great alternatives now, Le Creuset and Staub don't carry the prestige that it once did.  You can get excellent cookware/vessels for much less in price.  I can see carrying a Dooney or Gucci because luxury can mean better quality, and the world can see it, but who will really be impressed when you pay two or three times as much for a skillet?

I purchased Geoffrey Zakarian's 12" cast iron skillet with its PFOA-free nonstick interior coating for $46.  It's fantastic! 

Le Creuset cast iron and Staub cast iron is still Made in France. I'm sorry but there is a huge difference in quality between those brands and cookware made in China (as I suspect Geoffrey Zakarian's is).