Valued Contributor

Re: TSV...Not Everyone is Catholic.!

When is the holy water TSV?

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I don't believe Medjugorji has ever been approved by the Vatican.    I think it is a "commercial enterprise" by the town residents.

We're still waiting for the decision that was made regarding Medjugorje to be announced. They said last year that a decision had been made, but we haven't been told what it is yet. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Actually, I am a person of faith. I don't look to QVC as a venue for anything religious. And I will tell you why:

Even if there were something that would appeal to me, by the time they finish presenting, it's no longer what it is intended to be, just something watered down. Alos, it's probably not good quality. There are better places to get religious articles and in fact, you might even be supporting your own organization. Not a giant retailer like Q.  

. Much of what is presented in media is at odds with most religious values.  We a rediverse society;It is impossible to please all. If that is the case, you learn to ignore what doesn't apply.

Q is only thinking in terms of market. Most people are either Catholic or some type of Protestant. There are a fair amount of people left out.of those categories. Those left out have coped and created their own markets.. The stongest message to the Q is poor sales. I am not sure they pay so much attention to our protests here. To Q, money speaks louder than anything else.

Valued Contributor

I own J339237 (purchased six months ago) in black and gold tone. I find the two bracelets are striking and interesting.    I mix and match with my other bracelets...they are just pieces of jewelry.  No one has ever stopped and ask me if they were religious.  My only concern would be someone taking an offense to my wearing something that was sacred to them. I would not want to make light of someone's beliefs and insult them. I do not believe this is the case.  

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
New Contributor

I know what you mean. It was excruciating to watch Jills presentation, knowing she knew she was selling an item she did not like. Shame on her for not being a true journalist to a TV salesperson!!

Trusted Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Catholic?  I'd go further than that and say that not everyone is religious. . 

Crosses are one thing as for many they're not exclusively a symbol of faith; these bracelets clearly are. 

These bracelets as a TSV no less might not be the way QVC wishes to portray itself to a very diverse population. 

______

Not everyone chooses to eat meat or use leather products.  Some people do not wear make up, or jewelry, or listen to music. Some people feel that certain types of clothing sold, do not meet their personal value systems. 

There are people who are horrified, if, during the Holidays, a Host says "Happy Holidays,"instead of Merry Christmas. Personally, I've never understood, how being wished happiness, is a bad thing? 

I could ramble on led on and on, but, enough already! 

Retailers are are in business to sell. They are not going to cater to dozens of different sensibilities. There'd be nothing to sell!

We can all watch or not. Such a simple, common sense solution! 

Respected Contributor

All this over a couple of bracelets ... tomorrow it will all be forgotten.  Funny thing is, most of the judging against QVC and what they are offering and how they treat their employees probably don't even shop QVC, watch QVC, or even care -- they just use these forums to "share" their disbeliefs.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am Chatholic. No way is this  rosary. However I do find this to be an odd TSV. If they had jewelry of other religions mixed in for an hour might be okay. But even then some religions would not be included. IMO this kind of jewelry is best left to the website.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
New Contributor

In my faith, we have prayer ropes. They are kinda like a blessed rosary. My prayer rope was blessed by a nun in Russia and my Priest here in Oak Ridge, TN, the Priest of an Orthodox Christian parish, don't ORDER CHEAPLY made by people in China who aren't even Christian! Stay away from religious items, Jane Treacy, Shawn Killinger, etc,etc,etc....The price is highway robbery. I've seen these before that retail for 3 bucks!!!!!

Super Contributor

The TSV looks like cheap junk - nothing Catholic about it - I used to be Catholic and if someone wore a medal it would be pure gold and on a chain not that ******.  Kinda insulting to Caholic Saints and no - it is nothing like a rosary which QVC has parodied in the past.