Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I like the TSV pants, and her pants fit well.  But my beef is with the length.  I am 5' 5 1/2" tall.  I could not be a more average height.  But I no longer wear heels.  An inseam of 31" is just too long for me.  I need 29".  I refuse to buy pants that I have to hem.  All the models were wearing big heels.

The petite size would not only be too short, they would not fit well due to a shorter rise.  Susan said the petites are proportioned with a smaller rise.  So why would she suggest to buy a regular and a petite for the shorter length, if you are not really a petite person?

-------------------------

@Puppy Lips

I have the exact same inseam complaint!  About same height and I need a 29" also.  The tailor charges me $15 to shorten pants ... I won't shorten knit fabrics myself.

--------------------

And ... congrats on the logic of "buy the petite and the regular."  

Respected Contributor

I'm over knit pants.....also don't care for pockets or wider legs......I like a slim leg woven pant that has a front hook and zipper.....just looks better on me. 

Respected Contributor

Siince I am so sick of looking at leggings and jeggings I love these. They are anti-legging style not clinging to you like  pair of tights. Thanks Susan. I think your designs are getting better. Every time I wear one of your tops someone gives me a compliment, I'll take it.

Yes you talk a lot but you are excited and love what you do. I can take it because you have wearable styles.

Honored Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

OK, OK. . . we all agree that SG talks incessantly, but so do I when 

I am passionate about something. At least she is upbeat and pleasant. I love her clothing and will continue to purchase the pieces that work for me. 

My my only issue with SG, and it is, in fact, an issue for me with every designer at the Q, is why are the clothes not shown on true plus size models? Models who wear a size XL are not, IMO a true plus size, but more representative of real life women. If a designer or company is going to make, sell and profit from clothing in sizes up to 3X, they should show women who are purchasing these sizes how the clothing will look on them. Granted, clothing looks and drapes more attractively on a tall, thin frame. But if you are

going to sell to a 3X woman, make profit from a 3X woman and speak to how "this garment is flattering to every size and every woman and every body type" (as so many of the designers do), then put your profit where your mouth is and show your fashions on true plus size, 2X and 3X sized models.

Hugs. . .

@q-girl

When you only see the smaller sized models thats a CLUE ---the clothes probably dont look good on Plus sizes.....I am a medium and when I see nothing but XXS, and XS models out there (even though other sized models are in the show) It just sends me a warning signal, that particular piece won't look right on me.....BUYER BEWARE!.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL wrote:

I'm over knit pants.....also don't care for pockets or wider legs......I like a slim leg woven pant that has a front hook and zipper.....just looks better on me. 

@HULAGIRL

Totally Agree!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Even though Carolyn is my favorite host, I took umbrage with the fact she said that it is almost impossible to find pants that fit out in the market.  I can go to Dillards and buy my size by my favorite manufacturer .....  I am so confident I dont even try them on and they fit perfectly and I'm petite!  I even bought pants at Sein Mart and they fit perfectly too.....  I guess what she said is just a sales gimmick to entice people to buy, but I prefer QVC use another tactic......

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I  am glad to see that this post that started out as a Susan bash has turned into something more positive.  Frankly I am more tired of all the Susan bashing.  She is no worse than many of the other vendors/hosts.  She has built a very successful business and is an accomplished designer and artist.  Since she has been on QVC for 27 years and is their best selling designer evidently more people like her than those who don't and her sales approach along with quality clothes has much to do with her success.  She gets involved with her presentations showing how items work with each other and pointing out details.  She is vibrant, enthusiastic and really enjoys her work.  She has not only been successful in her work, but also in her life - a healthy, young looking, but age appropriate woman with a great family in addition to enjoyable work.  I just don't understand the need for some to downgrade others.  If you don't like her, don't watch her.  Problem solved.  At least her shows are interesting and informative and you end up with a great wardrobe!

@KathyM23

If she toned it down she might have more people watching and buying.....and with overall revenues down for last few quarters, QVC could use the sales............

Honored Contributor

SG sure does know how to make pants, but I'm not buying because I own many that I don't wear. I prefer jeans.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV From Susan Graver

[ Edited ]

@Spurt

In response to your comment.  Susan is not going to tone it down nor should she have to. It is her personality to talk alot and she should not have to damp down her enthusiasm.  All  vendors and hosts talk over each other.  Not complaining, but I watched Carolyn talk over Issac frequently just a little bit ago.  I really doubt if all those who complain about Susan have stopped watching and buying.   If people want her clothes they will buy.  Those who say they have stopped watching probably did not buy or bought very little anyway.

Honored Contributor

SG is excellent at describing each and every tiny detail.  She has a huge following and sales are high.   I admire her energy and success.   I know, she talks a lot.  But she's genuine.   She began at the bottom of the fashion industry ladder and worked herself upward.  Wishing her and SG brand well. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).