Honored Contributor

Re: TROUBLES SIGNING IN....AGAIN!

[ Edited ]

One problem is the fact that when we try to sign in to the Community we instead are redirected to the shopping area, in an endless loop of logins.

When this issue showed up a couple of weeks ago, we discovered that we could fix it by clicking/tapping on the "Blogs & Forums" at the bottom of the page and then clicking the "Sign in" at the top -- however, starting yesterday, this became unreliable.   

Sometimes it works for us, other times it does not.

If the "Blogs & Forums" link doesn't allow you to login to the Community, try this fix as an alternative.

This URL goes directly to the login page for the Community:

https://www.qvc.com/myaccount/login.community.html

Use that link to go to the main page of the forums. 

Then, create a bookmark/favorite to use each time you wish to sign in.   

Who knows if it will continue to work properly, and probably won't work for everyone, but at the moment it seems to do the trick with my iPad and Mac.

I hope this helps.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walker wrote:

I have had the same experience today....trouble logging on..finally got in and my name reverted back to my original one which is ok...prefer that anyway.  

Now, thought I had logged out earlier but I'm still "ON"....maybe that is a good thing.  

Nothing like confusing an already confused person...ha!

@walker The part of your post I highlighted is another problem I've seen.

I can log out, leave the site, and later return and see that I'm logged in.  It's happening with my iPad and my Mac, no matter what browser I use (I've tried several).

The only way to assure that I'm completely logged out is to

1 -- sign out

and then

2 -- immediately delete browser cookies/history/cache/website data.

This is a problem and not really a good thing -- when we log out of a website we need to know our session was completely, totally terminated, and at the moment this isn't always happening.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

For anyone reading this and not being able to sign in, I will tell how it finally worked for me.

I tried to sign in to the forum several times and could only sign in to my account to purchase.  I just signed in to that account and then went down to the bottom of the page to Blogs and Forums.  Clicked on that and signed in again and got into the forums.

Maybe this can be of help to some posters to be able to sign in.

@4kitties  After two days of not able to sign in I tried your suggestion three times and finally got in.  I emailed cs yesterday and was told it was a wide spread issue.  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

While I have been having sign in issues too, found the looping sign in irritating, I would really hate for the Q to just do away with this forum.  They don't have to offer this.  A large number of the posts are put downs to QVC....their shipping, CS, products, hosts, you name it.  Why would you break your back to fix something like that?  

The few times I wasn't able to post I came to realize how much I enjoy coming here to have my morning coffee or while eating my lunch.  It is like checking in with friends or not. Woman SurprisedWoman Wink

I  will struggle through and hope they get the issues fixed.  I would really hate to lose this Forum.

JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

I don't know what I did but I no longer have to sign in. I am always logged in

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs   At least for me, my daily perusing of these forums and contributing to them have led  to keeping QVC at the front of my mind when I am thinking of purchasing something.  So it has resulted in me buying more from them, rather than less.

If they do away with the forums I will miss them and all of you and QVC will miss my buying.  

I  am part of their sponsored Facebook groups, including their dedicated Christmas one, but I don't even check my  Facebook page every day and I don't think that will change.

So, let's hope the folks in charge invest in straightening things in their online options here--forums and shopping.  It would be a win-win for all.

Best wishes for a happy Fourth weekend.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

For anyone reading this and not being able to sign in, I will tell how it finally worked for me.

I tried to sign in to the forum several times and could only sign in to my account to purchase.  I just signed in to that account and then went down to the bottom of the page to Blogs and Forums.  Clicked on that and signed in again and got into the forums.

Maybe this can be of help to some posters to be able to sign in.

@4kitties,  It was so thoughtful of you to take the time to post this for everyone.  Because of your kindness, others were able to find the way into the forums and escape the maze of logins into the shopping venue.   Thank you for this and for all of your helpful contributions.   Good wishes for a safe and happy holiday!🤗

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo ...thank you....that works!!  Signed Out! 👍

Honored Contributor

The past couple days I tried all of this and nothing worked. Today I tried microsoft browser and got in.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to what works, what doesn't. when it works, when it doesn't and on and on and on. It's becoming a daily struggle and I don't really appreciate the 'it's your system', 'clear your history', 'reboot your computer' mantras when we all know our computers are not the problem and that the suggested fixes are not the solution. I understand those afraid of losing the forums and concerns that a Facebook group, (which, incidentally, many of us are not in the least interested in joining) could replace the forums, but we've been told that's not the case and besides, as we consistently have to turn cartwheels across the floor for hours on end in order to accomplish what should be the simple feat of logging in, one has to wonder when it stops being worth it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...