Trusted Contributor

Re: THey did it again. CHarged me for using the QVC return label

In order to place an order on line without using easypay you need to do the following:

If you clicked on Speed Buy you will need to check the box that says you can edit your order before it goes through.  This box is right below where you put in your password.

When the transaction description page comes up, click on edit method of payment (this is located at the top of the description).  This will take you to a page that lists the number of easypays you are using.  If you are using your Q card it will automatically check off the maximum number of easypays you can use.  Just look down a couple of spaces and check the box indicating one payment.

Click the orange box to edit at the bottom left and you will go back to the page showing your transaction description which should now show one payment.

Click the orange box at bottom right to submit order.

I hope this is not too confusing - I am doing it from memory.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

why is easy pay the default method?

Respected Contributor

I do watch my returns carefully as I do with any other online retailer.  My issue with the Q is the time it takes for the return to appear on your statement.  I always check the box to be notified when my return is received so I will know it made it back to the point of shipment.  I returned an item on 7/20.  It was received at their facility on 7/22.  I have yet to receive credit or even been notified that the return made it back to their facility.  I used their return label.  I returned an item on Monday 7/31 and received notice this morning they had received the package and credit was issued.  I think it may have something to do with the location where the return was received and processed.  This has been my experience.  I really don't think it's deliberate however. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with @makena !  I seriously doubt it is deliberate.

I think it is a case of human error/laziness in the Returns Dept.  They are probably not the highest paid in the company and quite frankly, maybe they could care less.  Clearly they are not trained properly or supervised efficently.

For all we know, they are under time restraints or work quotas possibly and this makes a quicker end to your pile of returns to sort through.

Doesn't matter, the company absolutely should address this problem.  I realize they have thousands and thousands of employees but this has been a problem ever since they started providing labels!

I've said it before, we should NOT have to dog our accounts but if you don't watch them, you will lose money.

Having said that...unless this issue makes it all the way upstairs to corporate, it will probably not be addressed.  We have all posted about this SO many times, it is clear the forums is not the best avenue for results.

And yes, I would guess there are TONS of people who miss the error.  If you catch it...CS nicely gives it right back.  If it slips by?  Oh well, that's a win for Q so it may not be a high priority to them since it isn't costing THEM money.

Trusted Contributor

Whenever I pay for my own shipping, I immediately email Customer Service and ask them to mark my account and not to charge me for return postage. Easy fix and it has always worked for me. 

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

HAte  to think this but I am beginning to think this is deliberate on QVC's part.  IT puts extra $$ in their pocket and they probably figure very few customers catch them at it and complain.  IT does appear to be a pattern.  BEcause my item was on four Easy Pays the difference between what they gave me as a credit and what I should have received was only about $2.50.  I probably would never have noticed if they hadn't done it to me on my prior return.

That's quite an accusation.  If it's happening then yes, they need to address why.  But to say it's deliberate ??? 

And if I even thought that about a company I certainly would not continue to be a customer.

This has been happening long enough that it should have been fixed.  The fact that QVC refuses to address the issue makes me think they don't care to fix it.  I wouldn't accuse QVC of specifically coming up with a scheme to charge people the return label fee but this is ridiculous. 

I do wonder how many people this has happened to who don't even realize it.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet et al: l just started a thread in Customer Care about this problem. Perhaps the powers-that-be pay most attention to that forum...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

I believe employees with integrity and a good work ethic are becoming more scarce these days.  I don't believe salary is the prominent issue.  You either have a good work ethic or you don't. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This has been an on-going problem which could easily be fixed but QVC chooses not to address the issue.  I guess they can scan labels and charge everyone the same easier than they can do them individually and do it correctly. 

@Kachina624  Absolutely.   And it is just $$$$$  for QVC for all those people who do not check  to see they were charged for sending  things back  on their own dime with that label......  I imagine a LOT OF MONEY$$$$ 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

HAte  to think this but I am beginning to think this is deliberate on QVC's part.  IT puts extra $$ in their pocket and they probably figure very few customers catch them at it and complain.  IT does appear to be a pattern.  BEcause my item was on four Easy Pays the difference between what they gave me as a credit and what I should have received was only about $2.50.  I probably would never have noticed if they hadn't done it to me on my prior return.

That's quite an accusation.  If it's happening then yes, they need to address why.  But to say it's deliberate ??? 

And if I even thought that about a company I certainly would not continue to be a customer.

@KathyPet This has  been going on now for YEARS. Nothing has been done to stop it by QVC.