Esteemed Contributor

THey did it again. CHarged me for using the QVC return label

When I paid the return postage myself.  THat's the second time in a row I have returned something and been credited incorrectly because they charged me the $6.95 for using their pre paid label when I paid for postage out of pocket.  WAtch your refunds like a hawk.  I wonder how much money QVC is pocketing charging customers for using their label when the customer paid for postage to,return the item themselves.  I bet a lot of people don't even notice especially if the item was on easy pay so the refund is only off a couple of dollars since they are only refunding one easy pay usually.

Honored Contributor

Re: THey did it again. CHarged me for using the QVC return label

This has been an on-going problem which could easily be fixed but QVC chooses not to address the issue.  I guess they can scan labels and charge everyone the same easier than they can do them individually and do it correctly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

HAte  to think this but I am beginning to think this is deliberate on QVC's part.  IT puts extra $$ in their pocket and they probably figure very few customers catch them at it and complain.  IT does appear to be a pattern.  BEcause my item was on four Easy Pays the difference between what they gave me as a credit and what I should have received was only about $2.50.  I probably would never have noticed if they hadn't done it to me on my prior return.

Valued Contributor

sloppy, very sloppy.

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

HAte  to think this but I am beginning to think this is deliberate on QVC's part.  IT puts extra $$ in their pocket and they probably figure very few customers catch them at it and complain.  IT does appear to be a pattern.  BEcause my item was on four Easy Pays the difference between what they gave me as a credit and what I should have received was only about $2.50.  I probably would never have noticed if they hadn't done it to me on my prior return.

That's quite an accusation.  If it's happening then yes, they need to address why.  But to say it's deliberate ??? 

And if I even thought that about a company I certainly would not continue to be a customer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has happened to me a number of times. While l don't know whether it's intentional or just incompetence, we have to be vigilant. I call customer service whenever this happens, and they always reverse the charges.

ETA: l always save the unused prepaid Q label. So if l get charged the fee when l'm not supposed to, l can document it. I tell customer service that l didn't use their label b/c l still have it, and l offer to email a copy to them. That convinces the representative immediately that l know what l'm talking about, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

MY reasoning for thinking it might be deliberate is that QVC has been previously made aware of this problem with prior posts on these forums.  If they were on top,of things this problem should very quickly have been rectified.  I am sure they have a Vice-President in charge of warehouse operations who definitely should be aware of this ongoing problem.  how hard can this be?  A 2 second glance at the label as the returns are sorted and the package either goes to a bin for packages with pre-paid QVC labels or a bin for customer paid labels.

Valued Contributor

I find this ongoing issue to be quite a problem.  It can be confusing when trying to determine if you have been charged postage on EasyPay items that you already paid on your end.

I have caught it several times and yes, they reverse charges if you call, but why in this day of computers, can't the refund be broken into 2 parts on the bill?  The item separated by the postage charge. 

You can't tell me QVC hasn't figured out that the few dollars difference doesn't add up to big bucks!

As I said I caught it several times, but I'm sure there were times I didn't.

Can someone tell me how to order on line without getting EasyPay automatically? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

I find this ongoing issue to be quite a problem.  It can be confusing when trying to determine if you have been charged postage on EasyPay items that you already paid on your end.

I have caught it several times and yes, they reverse charges if you call, but why in this day of computers, can't the refund be broken into 2 parts on the bill?  The item separated by the postage charge. 

You can't tell me QVC hasn't figured out that the few dollars difference doesn't add up to big bucks!

As I said I caught it several times, but I'm sure there were times I didn't.

Can someone tell me how to order on line without getting EasyPay automatically? 

First you have to choose that option when you check out. Second, I always get an email when they have given me a refund.

Respected Contributor

I make a note on the labels for my returns to indicate if I paid the return postage or used the Q label.  I think the default on returns is to assume that the Q label was used.  I have always called Customer Service if there was a problem and they have immediately adjusted my return to eliminate the problem.  I must say that it is a pain to have to follow up on all returns to make sure they are processed correctly.  Wish the Q would fix the problem.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama