Honored Contributor

Re: THREADS STARTED ON WRONG FORUMS

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@mariadomenicawrote:

I was so gief stricken about my cat I just started typing!!!! Sorry if I offended anyone.

@mariadomenica

No need to apologize, you didn't "offend" anyone!Heart

But if your thread was in the Pet Lovers forum (of which I'm a very active member, LOL!)

you would receive more responses of love and support from all of the animal lovers there!

Please join us on the Pet Lovers forum!Heart

@mariadomenica

@KingstonsMom is right.  If for whatever reason your thread ends up being moved to the Pet Lovers forum, that doesn't mean anything at all except that maybe more pet lovers will see it and share your sadness and try to uplift you as time goes on.

Hugs to you for now.  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

HeartHeart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@GCR18wrote:

Report the threads as inappropriate.  

@GCR18

I have on many, didn't matter, they stayed.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@mariadomenica You did nothing wrong at all,bless you i know how losing a pet can just break your heart.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

It appears that the moderators arbitarily respond.  There is no consistancey.  There's thread in QTalk about whether or not invite Jewish neighbors for Easter brunch.  Go figure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can definitely understand the OP's question.

I don't at all mind missplaced topics in threads (I only open threads that I may be interested in).  But if I have a preference, and I do, I'd prefer the sub-forums as they are meant to be.  I  avoid certain threads completely because I assume I won't see anything of interest to me.

For example, I never open the "Recipes" thread, or "Electronics."  I rarely open "Handbags" and a couple of others.  So I guess I do appreciate zooming in on topics of like-minded subjects.  I'm not sure I'd take much interest in a free-for-all thread of open-ended subject matter.  

So in short, I don't mind cross posting, it doesn't bother me,  but I do prefer when posts are in the separate subject matters. 

Full disclosure: I remember posting in the wrong thread once, and I quickly asked the Mods to change the location for me.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me at all if a post is "misclassified."  I view them from the top - either all recent posts or all recent topics - and take no notice of the forum that they're in.  I guess it might if I looked at certain forums only, to the exclusion of all others, but that's not how I operate.  I'm interested in seeing everything.

Honored Contributor

@mariadomenicawrote:

I was so gief stricken about my cat I just started typing!!!! Sorry if I offended anyone.

@mariadomenica, I am so sorry about your furbaby,,,,,  you did nothing wrong at all and have offended no one!!!  Please know we all send you major hugs!!  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

It would be wonderful if this was everyone's biggest problem in life : )

Respected Contributor

@Shanus i agree with you completely. Since I don't spend hours on here during the day, I scan the topics that interest me. Why have topics at all if there is no mandate to use them. I thought the Community Standard did address this but give the wide ranging threads in each topic, I must have been mistaken.  But then again, I've notice, that only certain posters do this as to daring the mods so that their legion of 'supporters' can say how mean everyone else is. I guess it's a masterful form of manipulation.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown