Valued Contributor

Yesterday I caught a brief demo on the Dyson TSV.  The vendor was demonstrating using the handheld vacuum and attaching different tools  She showed you could put the floor attachment on the handheld.  She then said she does this so she can pick up any spills from her kitchen countertop.  OH, YUCK!  Please STOP vendors and hosts from running their mouths continuously and making stupid statements.  I have no problem with someone pausing while speaking and thinking before saying something absurd or overselling products.

Honored Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan wrote:

Yesterday I caught a brief demo on the Dyson TSV.  The vendor was demonstrating using the handheld vacuum and attaching different tools  She showed you could put the floor attachment on the handheld.  She then said she does this so she can pick up any spills from her kitchen countertop.  OH, YUCK!  Please STOP vendors and hosts from running their mouths continuously and making stupid statements.  I have no problem with someone pausing while speaking and thinking before saying something absurd or overselling products.

@Blk&GoldFan  Definitely a disinfectant wipe is a better choice for counter tops. Overselling? Contagious among most vendors!

Respected Contributor

I would do it for a dry spill on my counter. And then wipe it with a Clorox Wipe.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

I would do it for a dry spill on my counter. And then wipe it with a Clorox Wipe.

Sure.  Don't see the problem AT ALL with this.

Honored Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan wrote:

@Blk&GoldFan I do not understand your comment at all.  You've never spilled sugar, cereal, bread crumbs on a kitchen countertop?   I see nothing wrong with getting it all up with a handheld vacuum, and then wiping it down with a disenfectant wipe.  What is absurd or overselling with what she said?

Esteemed Contributor

I knocked a entire can of ground coffee over on my countertop last week and used a hand held vacuum to clean it up.  I fail to see what is "icky" about that.

Valued Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I knocked a entire can of ground coffee over on my countertop last week and used a hand held vacuum to clean it up.  I fail to see what is "icky" about that.

Agreed @KathyPet, I actually own the Dyson cordless and when a bag of flour fell off my counter, it did a fantastic job of getting it all up. I don't get the "icky" either, lol...

Respected Contributor

"Overselling of products" on a shopping channel.  Now, that's a funny statement! In this case, I would definitely do what the vendor suggested. Great idea. 

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet  The only bad part of your story I can see is maybe having no coffee left til you went to the store!  That would be bad.  But using the vacuum on the counter wasn't bad!

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

She used the attachment that was on the long handled Dyson that cleans the floors.