Esteemed Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper

She used the attachment that was on the long handled Dyson that cleans the floors.

So???

Honored Contributor

@Blk&GoldFan,    That is gross to vacuum a countertop and pure laziness.  The Dyson is way too much money.  I just purchased the Shark Rocket Ultralight and it is awesome.  I was so impressed with the outstanding suction.  It has a handheld unit and it is not heavy.  I don't have time for cleaning and charging batteries of all things.  People are wising up and going with products that produce the same result for a lot less.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I see nothing gross or lazy about vacuuming a spilled hard or granular product from a countertop.  SOme people are just germ phobics.  VAcuum it up and then use a spray cleaner with disinfectant and wipe the area to get any leftover.

Honored Contributor

I vacuum my stove top.  There is an indented groove around the glass top and crumbs get in there.  I have no idea how that happens, but it does.  Sometimes I use wipes, but it doesn't work as well.  I also vacuum the crumbs from the bottom of the toaster oven.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Blk&GoldFan,    That is gross to vacuum a countertop and pure laziness.  The Dyson is way too much money.  I just purchased the Shark Rocket Ultralight and it is awesome.  I was so impressed with the outstanding suction.  It has a handheld unit and it is not heavy.  I don't have time for cleaning and charging batteries of all things.  People are wising up and going with products that produce the same result for a lot less.  Cat Tongue

No, I always buy the most expensive one I can find. 

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I see nothing gross or lazy about vacuuming a spilled hard or granular product from a countertop.  SOme people are just germ phobics.  VAcuum it up and then use a spray cleaner with disinfectant and wipe the area to get any leftover.

Go disinfect the steering wheel on your car.  That's probably the dirtiest thing we deal with.

Super Contributor

I agree with the OP.

To clean your floor and your kitchen counter with the same attachment is gross!

Trusted Contributor

When my mom got older, and shaking a tablecloth was just too difficult for her, she got a small dustbuster to use on her kitchen table.  She was old school, and always had a tablecloth with place mats.  However, whoa be to anyone who used that vacuum anyplace but the kitchen table or counter for big spills.  I hadn't thought about her table vacuum for years.  I can still hear her ask me to "bust the table" after dishes were cleared. I don't watch the Dyson presentations, so thanks for the memory!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I would consider it efficient and creative.  Why spend longer than necessary to clean up a spill?   I'd get out my corded vacuum to clean it up if it was faster than doing it by hand.  

You may not like recharging things but a lot of people are willing and able to do it.   I say, do what works.