Frequent Contributor

THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QVC AND HSN

About four days ago I returned an item to HSN.  I used their label and two days later I received an email that they had received my return and I would see my refund in 3 to 5 days.  About three weeks ago I retuned someting to QVC.  They still do not show that it was returned and as before when they do acknowledge it I will not see my credit or money back for 2 to 4 weeks.  By the time I get an email from QVC that they have received my return I can't remember what it was.  Maybe QVC and HSN ( since they are the same company) could meet and figure out better customer service.  Thanks HSN for great service both in receiving the item (mush faster) and returning it if necessary.

Honored Contributor

Re: THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QVC AND HSN

@pripirt They aren't the same company but are co-owned by the same company.

I've never shopped HSN, tried watching it a time or two.

Have never had to return anything to Q so I can't speak to that.

Occasional Contributor

I just got off the phone with a QVC customer rep about a package I mailed three weeks ago and they still don"t have it, he very kindly refunded my payment no  questions asked, it seems to me a USPS problem bevcause according to their webiste my packege was picked up the next day but QVC still does not have it, he said this is very common now  and  according to the post office it is still going through their system so I cannot fault QVC this time.

Occasional Contributor

Sorry about the spelling errors on my previous post.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree....The difference is vast.  HSN is the far superior component of QXH in many respects  

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered from HSN for a long time but when I did need to ever return something, I agree!

I always got an acknowledgement

when they received the item and quickly issued credit within a few days.

With QVC I learned to get a tracking number whether their label or my own and call QVC when I saw it was received and have them mark that it was received and issue credit then.

If I didn't do that, it would be weeks if that to ever see they received a return. And yes it still may have taken awhile to get credit (same cc card so it wasnt the card).

And anytime I did use my own label and postage from the usps, QVC still charged me $6.95 for their label so I always have to call and have them take that off!

Goodness! It shouldn't be so difficult! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@NanaBanana   You can correct errors in a post by clicking on the 3 horizontal dots in the upper right of the panel, clicking on edit, making your change and posting it.  You can delete a post the same way if it has no responses. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

It is an issue with USPS, you need to be pro-active and do follow-ups with QVC on your return status, they will eventually take care of your inquiries, whether it be a refund, exchange, etc.

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

It is an issue with USPS, you need to be pro-active and do follow-ups with QVC on your return status, they will eventually take care of your inquiries, whether it be a refund, exchange, etc.

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@sumtingwon,

No, it is not an issue with USPS.

At least with me.

Both QVC and HSN I used USPS for returns and only have ever had problems with QVC in their ever acknowledging a return and waiting weeks for credit. I always have to call them!

I have never had to call HSN to prove a return and I always get credited within a few days of return.

So, that is what many experience.

There is a difference just like @pripirt, is saying.

I take it you haven't returned anything to both companies?

I think you can only speak of it if you have.If you have not experienced it and have returned to both, you are quite lucky!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@onthebay....I was referring to returns to QVC using their return labels via USPS due to my previous experiences.  I have never had to return anything to HSN as I do not shop with them often.