Occasional Contributor

Either they aren't selling much or they have way too much of the TSVs. It's getting very annoying.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE TSV OVERKILL

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Don't keep watching it.  While you may have seen it if you're continually watching others might be tuning in for the first time

There might be something else in the show that we are interested in and are waiting to see demonstrated and thats why we continue to watch.....but they push back other items in favor of LENGTHY repeat TSV demos....and eventually they do lose viewers and sales on other items as people change the channel ..... so is that really a good solution for QVC??????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: THE TSV OVERKILL

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Maddie64  All good points. If those aren't bad enough, add in all the testimonial phone calls and I'm gone!  They may have been beneficial in the days before computers (for reviews), but they're totally unnecessary now. They are the one thing, aside from a bad host, that will make me change the channel fast.

@Mimi 1883 

Yes the testimonial calls have out-lived their usefulness....and these calls appear to just give the caller their "15 minutes of fame" (its like an old fashion selfie in a different way)......the callers just go on and on about everything going on in their life and very little mention of the product even though the hosts try to steer them in the right direction..... 

It seems QVC would have learned their lesson after the uproar in AM Style when a caller sprewed the "F Bomb" to tell someone else in the house to not bug her she was on the phone....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  Hi!! I've not been on here for awhile, so I have to look and see how many "funnies" you've posted that I've missed! I truly Love reading them and looking at all the funny pics!!  

OMG! I didn't hear about that caller! Too funny! LOL  There was a caller last night during Kitchen Aid that I did listen to, as he was So nice, and I actually enjoyed him. He did stay on topic, had a nice voice, spoke well, and was interesting - one of the few. Smiley Happy

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Don't keep watching it.  While you may have seen it if you're continually watching others might be tuning in for the first time

I agree!  It has been discussed at length on the boards.

They are going to SELL, SELL, SELL the TSV in many cases!  We all know this.  Watched football instead.

My DIL happened to be a first time watcher.  She watched several of the demo hours because she has never had a mixer of any kind, let alone a stand mixer.

They were VERY informative to her and I am sure to the many other first time purchasers as well.

I am not interested in purchasing a lap top.  So I don't watch those shows nor do I complain about them.  If you are in the market, a thorough demo is important!

Regular Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Maddie64  All good points. If those aren't bad enough, add in all the testimonial phone calls and I'm gone!  They may have been beneficial in the days before computers (for reviews), but they're totally unnecessary now. They are the one thing, aside from a bad host, that will make me change the channel fast.

@Mimi 1883 

Yes the testimonial calls have out-lived their usefulness....and these calls appear to just give the caller their "15 minutes of fame" (its like an old fashion selfie in a different way)......the callers just go on and on about everything going on in their life and very little mention of the product even though the hosts try to steer them in the right direction..... 

It seems QVC would have learned their lesson after the uproar in AM Style when a caller sprewed the "F Bomb" to tell someone else in the house to not bug her she was on the phone....Woman LOL

First time in a long time my television is off. Just tired of what is happening at QVC. That said I use to love watching. Not anymore. Most of the hosts other than Leah are totally unwatchable now. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Someone on my neighborhood network was selling one they bought on QVC for $100.... it looked just like the TS.... probably a great buy IF you were in the market for one... but I bet the person selling it maybe got $50 for it.    

Respected Contributor

@Spurt 

Totally agree, now the pitch is you need more than one!  Of course you need one in a new color - haha!  Honestly, who has room for 2 big stand mixers?  Oh, Carolyn has 2, of course.

Trusted Contributor

I just checked the TSV page, and there are plenty of colors still left.  Does anybody doubt this mixer will become a Big Deal or some other daily special at least once between now and Christmas?

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883 

I heard that call in.  Actually, he was way overboard nice; the hosts love when a man phones in.