Valued Contributor

@Beguile wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@rose123 I never think about any of them ,past or present. They don't occupy any place in my life.

You opened the thread. They must occupy some space in your life. @Love my grandkids 

HAHAHAHAHA!!!  Well said!!!

The thread title is about QVC in general.  

When that poster opened the thread, they didn't know this was going to be a host-bashing thread. 

Not much of a 'gotcha' then.

Esteemed Contributor

For the many years I've watched (40) and been a customer, the Q has changed/evolved.  

Not much professionalism today.  Hosts lack poish and poise.  The gals don't take Voice to learn how to speak and not just go high pitched to seem 'excited'. It doesn't motivate me.  

I cannot bear when hosts go on about themselves.  I don't care.  I'm just interested in the product.  

Products such as clothing seem to be two camps. Matronly and large, or youthful.  Senior looking clothing is not going to last long as many seniors are passing on.  

With prices increading, folks will buy less and less.  Qrate will feel the losses.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor
@Puzzle Piece I totally agree. A few of the hosts are so full of themselves and I don’t care about their personal lives either. Product prices and selections could be greatly improved too. I just don’t watch at all lately.
Trusted Contributor

AND....what is up with David's penchant for making sure he announces how many "young-uns" each vendor has and their ages? 

That's beyond weird to me. 

Is it part of making us feel like one big happy family? Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

@Beguile wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@rose123 I never think about any of them ,past or present. They don't occupy any place in my life.

You opened the thread. They must occupy some space in your life. @Love my grandkids 

HAHAHAHAHA!!!  Well said!!!

The thread title is about QVC in general.  

When that poster opened the thread, they didn't know this was going to be a host-bashing thread. 

Not much of a 'gotcha' then.

Agreed.  There is no "gotcha" here.  Sometimes people are just bored (like me right now) and they open a thread to see what is being discussed.  Being bored and reading something doesn't mean I really care all that much about past hosts. 

I'm sure most of them are doing well.  For the most part they made very good salaries here and it's just like any business that lets people go...some chose to leave on their own.

I find it entertaining when someone makes a comment saying a poster must really care otherwise they wouldn't have opened the thread in question in reply to a post claiming they don't...

Frequent Contributor

This is exactly the problem I see. House brands have replaced almost all vendors, and the items are not well priced and do not appear to be high quality. 

Honored Contributor

QVC stock is only selling for $8.34 and analysts are recommending a "Strong Sell."

I would not bet my retirement funds on the place.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Qurate Common Series A is currently trading at $0.46  a share.

Respected Contributor

I've bought quite a bit of home decor at QVC that I don't think I would have found anywhere else

Honored Contributor

Still.....I don't understand.   Most Items seem to sell very well at the Q.

Maybe they are over-spending somewhere else in the co.       ( ? ) 

I need to take a few classes in corporate management / finances / (or whatever it's called).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).