Honored Contributor

THANK YOU MODELS!

[ Edited ]

This is why I love love love that QVC has different sized models wearing/presenting the clothing you get a realistic view rather than just seeing it on a hanger....

Case in point was D&C A367011 two tops for $17.92....I was surprised at the LOW price....then I read reviews where people complained about the neckline and the fabric...Well seeing was believing...On TV while it looked nice on the XXS model in the top that was printed, (as things always seem to do in XXS size), but on the other curvier model that had the solid, you could tell the stiffness of the material and the neckline was awful and confirmed what the reviews said, sometimes the reviews can be split 50/50, so the models save the day....Anyway, it saved me money on a return for sure....Woman Very Happy

Seeing the clothing worn on models is really the benefit of TV Shopping and QVC....anything can look good on a model with a photo-shopped photo on a website, but seeing it on a live model makes a big difference...(I know there's videos online, but sometimes the videos are missing, or there's technical issues so they don't work)..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: THANK YOU MODELS!

[ Edited ]

I so agree!  I was just at my Aunt's.  She's turning 70, in a couple weeks, and in assisted living, while she continues to work on strengthening, following two total hips. 

She has been a fan of Denim & Co for years. Her style is casual, and she's had great luck with the brand, and she said it's nice to see some more stylish pieces. 

We were watching the TSV being presented, and there was a wide variety of models. I'm a 8/10, usually a medium, Pat said she was a medium, the top looked great on her.  I thought it would be a good top for my fitness walks, while the weather is Spring coolish. I bought! 

Let's face it, just because a style can be made, from xxs- 5x, doesn't mean it looks good on everybody. It's very helpful to see clothing modeled on a variety of sizes. 

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

This is why I love love love that QVC has different sized models wearing/presenting the clothing you get a realistic view rather than just seeing it on a hanger....

Case in point was D&C A367011 two tops for $17.92....I was surprised at the LOW price....then I read reviews where people complained about the neckline and the fabric...Well seeing was believing...On TV while it looked nice on the XXS model in the top that was printed, as things always seem to do in XXS, on the other curvier model that had the solid, you could tell the stiffness of the material and the neckline was awful and confirmed what the reviews said, sometimes the reviews can be split 50/50....Anyway, it saved me money on a return for sure....Woman Very Happy

Seeing the clothing worn on models is really the benefit of TV Shopping and QVC....anything can look on a model thats photo-shopped on a website, but seeing it on a live model makes a big difference...(I know there's videos, but sometimes the videos are missing, or there's technical issues so they don't work)..... 

@Spurt  I was also looking at the reviews on those shirts, b/c of the low price and decided against them too :-) For the reasons you listed.

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

I felt the same way when IM cotton top was on sale the other day for 15.98. I immediately went to the reviews and they weren't good for the most part. I always read the reviews first and usually end up not buying.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I felt the same way when IM cotton top was on sale the other day for 15.98. I immediately went to the reviews and they weren't good for the most part. I always read the reviews first and usually end up not buying.

@luvmyteddy4 

My first stop is the reviews too....but sometimes there's mixed reviews while some are praising the garment, others are panning it....that's when the models come into play and you can see that it might look good on certain sizes and body types, but not others....the models saved me on many occasions!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”