Honored Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

I cannot bear spending $50-60 ( plus shipping, handling and tax!) on t-shirts...Kim Gravel, Susan Graver...WHOEVER...that I can get at Costco or Sam's for $12!

I'm done!

@Gkhm 

They need to stop comparing and talking about Boutique prices and get back into the real world pricing Im talking about Macy's, Dillards, JCP, Kohls all who have reasonably priced t-shirts and clothes......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Basic color plain Tee Shirts I tend to buy at Eddie Bauer, Lands End and LLBean and last for years.  No crazy hems and mostly cotton.  

"On trend" if I like it I go Kohls type stores as they are usually worn only one season.  I have older D&C, purchased before they went to heck.  I can but won't spend Q prices for clothing any more. Just my choices.  

Honored Contributor

I love Lands End T-shirts. The all-cotton ribbed ones are my favorite. The supima ones are great for around the house, PJ tops, etc. If you take good care of the supima ones the neck won't stretch and then you can wear them anywhere.

Lands End just had a 50% off all Tees the other day. There are lots of discount codes. WAVES will give you 40% off right now.

I also like the LLBean-Tees at LLBean. They are a little heavier than Lands End supima tees. But they rarely have promo codes so I buy at the end of the season when they are marked way down.

Respected Contributor

At beginning of summer I buy a package of mens pocket tees in Walmart, and that is my summer wardrobe for most of the time ....for mowing, working on my property, wearing with shorts, etc.

I'm home alone 99% of the time so no one looks and if they do who cares?

NO WAY will I ever pay 39+ for ONE Tee Shirt!!!! I don't care WHO'S name is on it!!!

that is crazy talk!!!

In winter I wear the older tee shirts under my sweatshirts ( standard indoor attire in winter) to keep deodorant off the sweatshirt.

These tees last about a year. Then next spring I start over again.

Usually 4 or 6 in a pack....a whole summer top wardrobe for less that 25 bucks!!!!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

IMO, just because a t shirt is $50 does not automatically make it better "quality" than a $20 t shirt.  One does not always get what one pays for.

And I personally do not want items to last "forever" like some posters seem to want.  I have yet to get rid of an item because it wore out.  More frequently I "outgrew" it--LOL!! or I just got bored with it.  So paying $20 vs. $50 is a lot more attractive to me.

I also believe that many items are made by the same manufacturer and just different "brand" names are attached, e.g, many Karen Scott (Macy's) items are very similar to D&C.

@kaydee50    I figure only rich people can afford cheap clothing to be worn a season or two then discarded.  The rest of us need to buy quality merchandise that will last and can be worn for many seasons.  Tees, I find, tend to get softer and more comfortable with age and many washings.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KingstonsMom    You didn't say discounts but plenty of other people did mention places like Costco, Sam's, Macy's (sells lots of junk), ShopHQ and even the flea market.  All of these places buy merchandise manufactured to be sold super cheap which they can do because it's poor quality.  Will people still be wearing these shirts 5 years from now?  They'll probably be using pieces of them to dust their furniture.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my comments.

@Kachina624 

Oh, you were very clear, but it had nothing to do my my post that you quoted.

@KingstonsMom   I figured people reading here would have enough sense to figure out to what I was referring.  I'm not going to write a separate post to each person who made a comment.  Nobody else seemed confused.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KingstonsMom    You didn't say discounts but plenty of other people did mention places like Costco, Sam's, Macy's (sells lots of junk), ShopHQ and even the flea market.  All of these places buy merchandise manufactured to be sold super cheap which they can do because it's poor quality.  Will people still be wearing these shirts 5 years from now?  They'll probably be using pieces of them to dust their furniture.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my comments.

@Kachina624 

Oh, you were very clear, but it had nothing to do my my post that you quoted.

@KingstonsMom   I figured people reading here would have enough sense to figure out to what I was referring.  I'm not going to post a separate post to each person who made a comment.  Nobody else seemed confused.

@Kachina624 

And I'm not "confused" either.

Could you be a little more condescending? I'm not real good with subtlety.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom    Where's that thick skin you claim to possess?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Image result for nervous cat gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I love the supima cotton polo tops I get from Lands' End, solid and cute prints.  I wait for sales and free shipping, and can get them for like $12.  I have a bunch now.  They are so soft and comfortable.

I am about done with perfect jersey by Denim & Co.  I used to love that fabric, but I just don't anymore.  Maybe the introduction of modal in the shirts has spoiled me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead