Super Contributor

Re: System issue to ship TSV to my address

@WORKING GAL @I did it on line. I switched colors and it finally went through on 4th try.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@WORKING GAL    What's unfair -  that CA has that law or that QVC or the vendor doesn't easily violate the CA law?

@millieshops  some people don't understand that there is nothing that can be done by QVC or other Shopping Networks to get around it.

The only thing that could be doneis have it shipped to another address and then have your family ship it to you in California. It will cost more for shipping but that's a way to get around it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@WORKING GAL @I did it on line. I switched colors and it finally went through on 4th try.

@Rose429  are you in California? If so, I'm surprised you were able to get it shipped there.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rose429 wrote:

@WORKING GAL @I did a live chat. There is a hazardous warning forCA. I just kept trying and it finally went through.  Keep trying. 

@Rose429  just realized you mentioned California. Maybe in this case it only pertains to certain colors. Maybe white will work.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@WORKING GAL    What's unfair -  that CA has that law or that QVC or the vendor doesn't easily violate the CA law?

CA readily sells this stuff with warning stickers on it.  Most everything in CA has a warning sticker on it, including restaurants and medical buildings.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 I get all that, but I am always amazed that people old enough to shop for themselves don't know sales taxes and shipping constraints are locally controlled, and companies can choose only to follow the laws or violate them.  

Sometimes small companies take chances but a company such as QVC has a lot to lose and anyone who follows the news knows states come after violators years after the offense even.

Super Contributor

I am in California and I got my TSV in two days. I could not order advanced order cream color. I changed to white and the order went through right away. I hope all in CA who wanted this were able to get it. If you notice, the Prop 65 warning on this product was taken down the same day as TSV in the late afternoon, I think it was a mistake. My product had not warning stickers anywhere.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom   QVC's legal team is deciding, not one of us nor any CS REP.  

Must have something to do with how the law is written.   This is not the first timeI have seen issues with that law --  maybe one of these years CA will revisit it.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops , what I meant is just that CA has warning labels for everything.  California will readily sell it so it is crazy that they won't allow it to be shipped to CA.  I understand it is out of the consumers' and the reps' hands and whether CA is refusing to allow it to be shipped here or QVC legal won't allow it to be shipped to be on the safe side.  If that is the case, that will be the end of most shipments to CA.  The only revisions CA makes to these types of laws is to add more things.   More than a matter of it being to protect our health, everybody sues for everything so it is a matter of CYA.

Contributor

Here's my thought - I've been getting "unable to ship" messages on various items including a dress!  (Usually it would be some type of bottle or liquid that can't be shipped).  I'm thinking now that it is when you are sending back returns frequently - it's their way of cutting you out.  Yes, I do send back things for instance the cute White Mountain sandals I just ordered came in - the strap in the front is very wide and my foot slips through - now would I keep those?  NO!  Or a makeup item that looks horrendous on you but looked great on the models!  Just as with any store we shop, there will be returns. Those "unable to ship" messages are total BS!  They are starting to cut ties - so be it - they'll lose money in the long run.