Esteemed Contributor

Re: Synchrony Bank cancelled my account!

@CABRIT   if you're looking for empathy here, you will be sorely disappointed. However the other posters are correct, QVC is not your problem.   I'm sure you were going through a difficult time when your husband died.  Unfortunately these types of credit card companies like Synchrony bank  don't care

Honored Contributor

I have a Q card through Synchrony Bank.  No problems at all.   Whatever rate they charge doesn't affect me since I pay the balance in full each month.

Honored Contributor

@CABRIT Sorry you have to deal with this stress in addition to what I believe has been a tough year already. I do not deal with Synchrony at all.  I  prefer the benefits of the card I use to any extra EZPays

QVC and Synchrony are 2 separate companies. I would also have been upset, but take a deep breath.  It's not personal.   Quit QVC if you no longer want to purchase from them, but if you want to stay with QVC, you do not have to use their credit card.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CABRIT  and all  my friends no bank is better than another. No matter whom or where in this world.  It's a business who are out for profit and they are out to make money on you - that's it. 

I'm sorry for your situation but you lost track.  It's easy to do so being a widow myself but I stayed on top of it right after the funeral.  It started with the card's.

It will all work out. Just be careful  and stay timely with your payments.  If you don't like to pay on the computer please call the 800 number on the back of your card. You can set it up with your checking account on a one time phone call to the bank operator  which will take 10 minutes.  So the next month you call they will have your information.  It's very easy.

Valued Contributor

@Pink123 ;

That's exactly what I do. 

@CABRIT   When you call they'll ask you if you want to use your debit card or checking account. Remember to always date your call with them, how much and the CONFIRMATION#.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123   It was a matter of principal.  I was a good customer, always paid 100% of my bill on time and had the card for over 20 years.

They kept upping my limit, even though I never even got close to maxing that amount.  I could have bought a new car with that CC, my limit was that high.  There was no need for them to do that.

They didn't treat me as a valued customer.  Their interest rates were the highest of all my CC's. With my extremely high credit rating, I deserve the best interest rates they offer.

I called and asked them to lower my rates to the same level it was before and they said no. I also asked them to lower my credit limit.  So, I said to cancel the card.  They tried to talk me out of doing that.  I was transferred to the supervisor and a few other people who all tried to change my mind.

In the end, they did cancel, but sent me info for opening a new account for quite some time.  They stopped bothering me and I no longer have any cards with them.  I had a few store cards, but they closed because on non use.

I always look at my bills....I have found errors on many of them.  I call to get them corrected immediately.  The errors are usually small amounts, something you probably wouldn't notice.  If a company does that to all of  their customers, they will make a fortune ripping people off.

I check my bank statement online at least once a day, unless I am on vacation or unable to access a safe and secure internet connection.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@Foxxee  Hi, I disagree.  All banks are the same.  I do like Synchrony bank because they are so hard and strict for personal safety it's unreal.  But again, this is good.

Stay with one company, (because they are all involved with these store cards anyway). 

I think 2 major credit cards are just fine.  And easier to keep track of.  And a third is good too for credit rating but that's all you need at most.

@Pink123 

Thanks for sharing your opinion.  

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@CABRIT  and all  my friends no bank is better than another. No matter whom or where in this world.  It's a business who are out for profit and they are out to make money on you - that's it. 

I'm sorry for your situation but you lost track.  It's easy to do so being a widow myself but I stayed on top of it right after the funeral.  It started with the card's.

It will all work out. Just be careful  and stay timely with your payments.  If you don't like to pay on the computer please call the 800 number on the back of your card. You can set it up with your checking account on a one time phone call to the bank operator  which will take 10 minutes.  So the next month you call they will have your information.  It's very easy.

@Pink123.  I disagree; there's a huge difference in the rate of fees charged and the interest rate on loans and credit cards.  Synchrony has one of the highest rates on credit card interest.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@CABRIT 

I do not like Synchrony Bank at all and refuse to get a Q Card because its with them.  Do you have a Visa or any other credit card you can use for QVC purchases?  You do  not need a Q card to purchase from them.  I would pay Synchrony what you owe them and get rid of that card and use a different credit card for your purchases.

Respected Contributor

@AlsaceGal 

I agree.  In my 50 years of having credit cards with various stores, banks, etc. Synchrony was the only bank I ever had issues with.  I refuse to ever have a Synchrony credit card. Never in 50 years had a problem with Visa.