Honored Contributor

Sweet Good-Bye to Courtney Cason

She announced she's leaving the Q to stay home with her new baby.  I really liked her and didn't see her nearly enough.  Good luck to her.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sweet Good-Bye to Courtney Cason

@rms1954 I like her a lot, too! But staying home with a new baby is definitely a great choice, in my opinion.  Best wishes to her!

Frequent Contributor

I feel like Courtney C. was under-utlized over the years.  She's perky, prepared, and attractive, and yet, never seemed to find her QVC niche.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@rms1954 I like her a lot, too! But staying home with a new baby is definitely a great choice, in my opinion.  Best wishes to her!

Definitely the best choice.  So many first-time mothers don't do that.  I stayed home with both my children.  It's been my greatest joy.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good for her! I wish her all the best

I always wished I could have been a stay at home Mom.

Honored Contributor

@Must Love Dogs wrote:

I feel like Courtney C. was under-utlized over the years.  She's perky, prepared, and attractive, and yet, never seemed to find her QVC niche.

I agree.  She just always seemed so happy and what a smile!

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Definitely the best choice.  So many first-time mothers don't do that.  I stayed home with both my children.  It's been my greatest joy.  

@rms1954 Same here.  I will never regret the decision of staying home with my two girls.  They grow up way too fast.

Esteemed Contributor

I always liked Courtney and agree she was underutilized.  The first time I saw her was when she was shopping for her wedding dress with Lisa Robertson on "Say Yes to the Dress".  I wish her the best.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

She'll be back. Like Jane Treacy. We will see her again.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@firestormI appreciate your response.  I contend that working at the Q would be exhausting with the erratic hours, public scrutiny, and unending positivity required.  So, I understand why someone would want to leave; however, so many former Q hosts end up in a similar career where they are selling or hosting or promoting product that it makes me wonder if the job hunt is simply overwhelming or if the grass was greener.  Not trying to overthink here but am curious about why some people leave and why some people stay.  Even personally, speaking, I have been in my career for 27 years; it has been a good fit for me and so I stayed.  But, of course, I have witnessed many colleagues who did not stay.  Anywho, just musing.  Offer your own insights, if you'd like

Smiley Very Happy