Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers

[ Edited ]

I saw on TV being interviewed, looks like she had some sort of procedure on her face that went very wrong ... she is the last person that should be selling skin cream or anything for that matter. She looked about 80 to me not 71. Very scary...Woman Surprised  

Respected Contributor

I also noticed that she has not aged well. Very sad.

Honored Contributor

I saw her on a few of the talk shows last week. She looks pretty good far away but when they do a close-up her face looks smooth and tight but it stops like she's wearing a mask. Her chin, neck, chest are pretty darn wrinkly. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have aged so much in the last year.  In two months I will be 80 and my face and body knows it. 

I have noticed that every time I look in the mirror, I automatically "adjust" my mouth.  The corners of it go down now, and I have developed "puppet lines" in just the last three months.

I know that other people see me before I make the adjustment, not after.  So I know that physical beauty is over for me.   I stayed young looking and attractive for a long time, so I can't complain.

And aging and being thin . . . I won't even go into how my body looks . . . ugh!  Elderly women who have a little extra weight look better . . . my doctor said that some time ago and I believe him.  And I've always had old looking hands, now disfigured as well.

All of that doesn't matter anymore because I'd rather have better health and less pain these days. 

Nothing lasts forever.  I am happy I was born in the first place (per Google, odds are 400 trillion to one of ever being born) and that I had four children, and they have had children, and that is our eternity.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I had never read that the odds of being born are 1 in 400 trillion.

lets face it, no one is attractive past the age of 60. That's why God stopped procreation around the age of 45.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so incredibly happy to be alive that what I see in the mirror rarely gets much air-time.  When I need a wig, I'll buy one, my skin uses several pretty good creams and my skin feels good. 

Yes, I have pain, knee issues, slight neuropathy in my feet, a neurological "wobble" on occasion (from a serious fall in 2010), Diabetes, TMJ on both sides (was told it was one of the worst cases the Dr. had seen) with muscle spasms and headaces, a neck injury, arthritis ... et al, BUT I'm so grateful to be here that I won't waste a minute worrying about it.  I'll do what I need to in order to keep going and be as healthy and as pain free as I can and smile for as long as the good Lord will let me....  and as far as what I look like, well, from where I am (looking out from the inside Woman Happy) I'm just fine..... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I am so incredibly happy to be alive that what I see in the mirror rarely gets much air-time.  When I need a wig, I'll buy one, my skin uses several pretty good creams and my skin feels good. 

Yes, I have pain, knee issues, slight neuropathy in my feet, a neurological "wobble" on occasion (from a serious fall in 2010), Diabetes, TMJ on both sides (was told it was one of the worst cases the Dr. had seen) with muscle spasms an headaces, a neck injury, arthritis ... et al, BUT I'm so grateful to be here that I won't waste a minute worrying about it.  I'll do what I need to in order to keep going and be as healthy as I can and smile for as long as the good Lord will let me....  and as far as what I look like, well, from where I am (looking out from the inside Woman Happy) I'm just fine..... Woman LOL

What a great post!   Very uplifting. 

Esteemed Contributor

Suzanne has a lot of sun damage from years of tanning. It's not fixable either. I think that in the past she also had a liquid facelift aka a lot of fillers that went terribly wrong and distorted her features. Closeup I'm pretty sure she has granulomas on her face which makes her skin look uneven like someone who has cystic acne scars.

Valued Contributor

Hey complain all you want about her looks. She was one of the first females to ask to be compensated at the same rate as her male co-star.

Not judging the star power, John Ritter was clearly the draw...but heck give the woman (and her money grabbing husband) some dues. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmm...She's 63. I sure would't mind looking like her.Smiley Happy

@Reever wrote:

I had never read that the odds of being born are 1 in 400 trillion.

lets face it, no one is attractive past the age of 60. That's why God stopped procreation around the age of 45.

Christie Brinkley was photographed by Emmanuelle Hauguel in Turks & Caicos. Swimsuit by Monica Hansen Beachwear.

Related image

She's 92.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran