Honored Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Looked at the ingredients of all the products presented. Unless it is to specifically support Suzanne Somers as an individual - because one just likes her and wants to send her money - I can't see why anyone would buy her items. The protein drink doesn't have any more (or even as much, in some cases) protein in a serving than what's available at GNC, Costco, CVS or Walgreens. The supplements are no different than what you can buy at the same stores. Why buy hers?

Beats me~~~I for one won't. As I have stated in another thread about SS, I still have some pieces of her jewelry when she was on HSN. They have held up remarkably well, as fashion jewelry was made better back then unlike today. 

However, ( you knew there was a however coming) as the years went by, her less than truthful ways and words and her increasingly demanding/diva behavior became a major turn off to me.

The diva behavior combined with her wanting to get into the vitamin business was the reason for her demise at HSN. I am sure Suzanne and Alan are still shell shocked that Andrew Lessman had more clout than she did. 

I am surprised she has so few items to offer and like you said, there is nothing that distinguishes her products from hundreds of others. Outlook~~~gloomy at best. 

This!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

handygal wrote:

I can't attest to the quality of her products, but they seem overpriced for what you're getting.

I noticed that re: the multivitamins, you take two a day, which l never heard of. So it would cost about $23.50 for a one month supply, after you add the S&H (which should be included, IMO). And the protein shakes are about $53 for 20 servings. Then add the S&H, and it comes to almost $3 per shake. And that's before you even add any ingredients when preparing one.

Just b/c a celebrity endorses a product, that doesn't necessarily make it better, or justify paying more for it. Again, JMHO.

The Dubrows multivitamins are also two a day.  Their shakes and supplements are also very pricey.

Occasional Contributor

Jane is always professional, kind, caring, and real.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind stars selling products and I don't care if they have "work done"....

BUT....having work done and then peddling cremes...shakes...vitamins that are supposed to make you look younger rubs me the srong way...

I feel the same about Dr Phil's wife

Esteemed Contributor

@LeoGrl wrote:
I used to catch Suzanne on occasion when she was on HSN. She used to sell fashion and jewelry. I remember some of her fashions were really cute and since I'm still a huge Threes Company fan and watch the reruns on Antenna TV, I was happy to see her come to the Q. I watched her presentation of the protein shakes with Jane and was curious which flavor of the two to try first. For those that have tried them, which flavor is preferable, vanilla or chocolate?

@LeoGrl- I bought several of her jewelry items and they're still like new. I also remember buying a pretty dark red leather jacket that was made beautifully and lasted many years. I finally gave it away because it no longer fit me, but I got a lot of compliments on it.

And to the poster who said Jane looks much younger (and better) than Suzanne. Hmmm I don't think Jane is anywhere near 70. I just don't get why women feel the need to trash other women. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I can't attest to the quality of her products, but they seem overpriced for what you're getting.

I noticed that re: the multivitamins, you take two a day, which l never heard of. So it would cost about $23.50 for a one month supply, after you add the S&H (which should be included, IMO). And the protein shakes are about $53 for 20 servings. Then add the S&H, and it comes to almost $3 per shake. And that's before you even add any ingredients when preparing one.

Just b/c a celebrity endorses a product, that doesn't necessarily make it better, or justify paying more for it. Again, JMHO.

I agree, Suzanne's are over priced. I've tried several and am now trying Dubrow's plant protein shake. It's $39. for thirty shakes.

Dubrow's successful shakes might have pushed Suzanne elsewhere.

Suzanne also has a line of cosmetics, which I assume she'll go into. I notice she didn't go into her usual "doctor" role in selling last night. Don't think the Q will allow that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers

[ Edited ]

I caught a little bit of the show. I have enjoyed watching her on the other shopping networks. The only items of her's I have purchased are the thighmaster and face master. I have many of her cookbooks and have some of our favorite recipes that I use from time to time.

Personally I agree that the show was a bit boring (?) with just vitamins offered . I bet most watching knows what vitamins do what, although I am going to check out her sleep one.

I feel she would look better toned down a bit fashion wise. IMO the tan was self -tanning lotion or whatever. I always look like I have liver disease when I try any brand. I love JT's dress.

I have always felt SS is a good comedian. I enjoyed 3s Company and Step by Step. It was funny when she said she based her "Chrissy Snow ' on her mother somewhat. An example was her mother once asked her "what time is midnight  mass ?' Smiley Happy  

edit= just check out the sleep aid one . The only ingredient I see listed is melatonin 3 mg.  

Respected Contributor

Suzanne Somers hurt her career when she did not appear for the another season of Three's Company as part of the full time threesome..  Three's Company was a big hit and she asked for a huge raise.  If I remember correctly, ABC agreed to a raise to be on par with her costars.  She wanted to be paid more than her costars.  She later had another hit show Step by Step.  Suzanne has made a fortune selling her lifestyle stuff. I also used to enjoy her appearances with Colleen Lopez on HSN.  

As far as her appearance - She looks good for 70.  She could have worn a less shiny dress.   

Super Contributor

Totally agree with you.. A few years back, I saw an interview she did, admitting she had work done... IMHO, celebrities can pitch whatever they want; it never influences any of my decisions.. I'll pass on her products..

Regular Contributor

Well, she has been on every home shopping network now.  I don't know about the rest of you, but she has drastically cut down the number of products she offered.  I can only speak for myself, but I am not interested in the products she offers now. Maybe she will retire after this stint.