Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers want to sell jewelry and fashions on QVC

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I hope her sales her tank out of the gate. For those who are happy to be conned, I'm sure your $$ will be welcomed. Go for it.

@Moonchilde

I think the jumping from channel to channel to channel should be a sign................

@Spurt, I won't say how I really feel about SS and all her health & beauty tchotchkes, it would be insta-poofed.

Neither she nor her...stuff...has ever impressed me in any way except negatively. Ick.

@Moonchilde

I've never been keen on celebrity endorsed products..........you never know if they are really involved and interested in what is being produced, OR whether they agreed to put their name on something just to make a buck and just go along with the manufacturer's BS....JMHO.   And how many lines have lived up to the hype and been a long lasting time tested quality brand.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I hope her sales her tank out of the gate. For those who are happy to be conned, I'm sure your $$ will be welcomed. Go for it.

@Moonchilde

I think the jumping from channel to channel to channel should be a sign................

In all seriousness - hasn't QVC always prided itself on being a cut above both HSN and Evine? Why on earth are they taking on a vendor/mdse who has flopped at both other channels? I'm assuming QVC believes their customers are more discerning than the customers of the other channels, and this totally flies in the face of that. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Suzanne Somers is a somewhat polarizing person - her health claims (which many doctors have called scientifically unproven and dangerous), her claims about the SH shooter, etc.  Not interested in what she is now selling here.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde

In all seriousness - hasn't QVC always prided itself on being a cut above both HSN and Evine? Why on earth are they taking on a vendor/mdse who has flopped at both other channels? I'm assuming QVC believes their customers are more discerning than the customers of the other channels, and this totally flies in the face of that. 

@Moonchilde

QVC has always been like a teenager drooling over their favorite pop music star when it comes to celebrity and psuedo-celebrity endorsements.....all a celebrity has to do is bat an eyelash and they could probably cut a deal....Even Mike George's eyes lit up in an interview he did with one of the business journals when he mentioned the names of QVC's celebrity vendors.....and at that time one of those was the K-Dash gang....if that doesnt tell you something.......Woman WinkWoman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde

@Spurt, I won't say how I really feel about SS and all her health & beauty tchotchkes, it would be insta-poofed.

Neither she nor her...stuff...has ever impressed me in any way except negatively. Ick.

@Moonchilde

I've never been keen on celebrity endorsed products..........you never know if they are really involved and interested in what is being produced, OR whether they agreed to put their name on something just to make a buck and just go along with the manufacturer's BS....JMHO.   And how many lines have lived up to the hype and been a long lasting time tested quality brand.......

ITA on all counts, @Spurt. I don't think the majority of celebrities (whatever that means these days, lol) wake up one morning and decide they just have to design the perfect whatever or develop the perfect pet food or vitamin. How many perfect vitamins can there be? Or throw pillows, or candles, or...

95% of the time it's bucks and/or vanity and they could care less about "their" products except for what it puts in their bank account.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 wrote:

Suzanne Somers is a somewhat polarizing person - her health claims (which many doctors have called scientifically unproven and dangerous), her claims about the SH shooter, etc.  Not interested in what she is now selling here.

@Mj12

I just cant stop laughing thinking about Ms. Somers hawking the infamous Thigh Master....anyone remember that...... Woman LOL  Gee I wonder if QVC would bring that back...LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde

@Moonchilde

QVC has always been like a teenager drooling over their favorite pop music star when it comes to celebrity and psuedo-celebrity endorsements.....all a celebrity has to do is bat an eyelash and they could probably cut a deal....Even Mike George's eyes lit up in an interview he did with one of the business journals when he mentioned the names of QVC's celebrity vendors.....and at that time one of those was the K-Dash gang....if that doesnt tell you something.......Woman WinkWoman LOL

It tells me that in reality, as opposed to the image they present to ther customers of "the best of the best", the top tier, etc. what they really believe is that their customers are utterly UNdiscerning and spend their days and nights worshipping and being titillated by faux-lebrities, and would buy literally anything from anyone who's ever been on TV for their 15 min of fame. Ick comes to mind again.

Frequent Contributor

@giraffe77 Indeed I have...and are you sure that was a metaphor?? What was the OP comparing?  However, I stand by what I said.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe Suzanne wants to be an aspirational figure for baby boomers. I don't find her to be one. And her husband comes off as smarmy.

I don't aspire to have totally sun damaged leathery skin like Suzanne either.

Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

When she was on last on QVC with Jane a caller called in saying shes followed Suzanne and boy does she have beautiful clothes and jewelry. It sounded so staged. Then Suzanne said well u all know i have done alot in my business right now its just health but hopefully we can expand that. Do u know Suzannes net worth is a 100 million? This woman is always on the hunt for money. Do u like her sales approach? I wonder if QVC would let her expand.

To answer your question, no, I don't like her sales approach. I won't give her a penny of my money. Have no idea if Q is interested in selling her fashions and jewelry, but even Joan Rivers had to talk quite awhile to convince management to let her sell fashions and beauty. It's an interesting question.