Trusted Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Kudos to Suzanne! She obviously feels comfortable in her OWN skin and thought she would share a tender moment with the public. If SHE feels good about HERSELF, that is all that really matters. She opened herself up to ridicule, as anyone does that posts photos, but given the ages of some of us posters here, I find the harshness of the critiques to be unfair and insensitive.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I guess I don't find this a "tender moment!"  I find it unnecessary and a need to be in the spotlight.  I'm sure she feels good about herself but no one (other than maybe her husband) needs to see her sitting in weeds naked.  And why does she have bumps all over her face??

Valued Contributor

ouch to birkilady

Honored Contributor
The early shows with Colleen were a lot of fun and I actually purchased some very nice jewelry, clothing and purses. A couple of her food items were good as well. As time went on I heard the quality went down.

I think whatever ego issues she has were largely created because of Alan and his influence on her from the earliest days of her career. I’ve never liked him.
Honored Contributor
I will say I don’t have a problem with her birthday photo. More power to her if she feels comfortable in her body regardless of age.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers sues QVC

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan   Interesting!  Were you also an actress?  I was always very turned off from her after she suggested that when Patrick Swayze died he should have known better than to trust doctors with conventional medicine & suggested she knew more about how the immune system works because of her personal hormone replacement.  As if she knew specific medical treatment better than his own doctors.  I found that irresponsible & I know she "apologized" for the statement but I felt like the apology was only made because of public backlash.  It was like she was trying to make money off of his tragedy by pointing people to her line of supplements.

Regarding the lawsuit - quite frankly it seems she left Evine for QVC on her own volition in search of a better deal financially - she chose to go with them & then didn't like the terms.  I'm not saying QVC has no culpability - but SS made the choice on her own.  Evine then replaced her with Consult Beauty.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Sad to believe Suzanne Somers is 73 !?!?   I remember watching her on "Three's Company". Incidentally she was replaced by Teri because she was terminated from that show when she demanded a salary increase.  She subsequentlly sued ABC.  Its seems to me that she has a long history of litigation. Maybe SHE is the problem ?

I have worked with her several times, and my opinon is that she most likely is the problem.  If things don't go exactly her way, she can't handle it.

She has an overly-inflated sense of her own importance, which is enabled by her husband.  Unless all eyes are on her and she feels she's being universally adored, she's not happy.  I've also been at shows and events where she deliberately tried to steal the thunder of the headline performer or honoree - and sulked when it didn't happen.  She has a huge sense of entitlement.

(My biggest issue with her is that she's been blatantly dishonest with the public for decades.  But that's another topic for another day!)  :-)

@NYC Susan, you nailed it. Certainly seems as if there's a lot of that going around these days. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

My thoughts:

Whether you like SS or not, her products are some of the best out there when it comes to being certified organic, informing consumers about the toxins in skincare/bodycare and doing her research.

Her cookbooks are EXCELLENT. Simple, easy to follow and featuring nothing that is processed or pre-packaged and yet, don't take a lot of time (or ingredients). 

It was because of her that I discovered BHRT. NO DOCTOR mentioned them to me. The "Menopause Cocktail" is one friends of mine are STILL being given by doctors. She opened my eyes and many others. Not that anyone will care....Bobbi Brown sings the womans' praise in her books because SHE was unaware of BHRT until reading SS's book. She has done more for educating women about this subject than anyone I can think of; bravo Suzanne.

Last, if a company tells you they will promote you, want you sign an exclusive contract with you, etc and THEN stabs you in the back, heck yeah you sue them. I don't know why anyone is surprised she's doing it. I would be furious if someone played that game with MY business/livelihood.

@SahmIam All the above. So well said.

Esteemed Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

Kudos to Suzanne! She obviously feels comfortable in her OWN skin and thought she would share a tender moment with the public. If SHE feels good about HERSELF, that is all that really matters. She opened herself up to ridicule, as anyone does that posts photos, but given the ages of some of us posters here, I find the harshness of the critiques to be unfair and insensitive.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I guess I don't find this a "tender moment!"  I find it unnecessary and a need to be in the spotlight.  I'm sure she feels good about herself but no one (other than maybe her husband) needs to see her sitting in weeds naked.  And why does she have bumps all over her face??

I agree.  A tender moment to me is something sweet that happens spontaneously.  Or something like a first kiss at a wedding, a tearful goodbye at an airport, holding a new baby for the first time, etc.

It doesn't bother me if she wanted to pose like that, and went ahead and did it.   But there's nothing tender about it, and I'm sure it took much longer than a moment to get exactly the shot she wanted.  It was a manufactured moment, not a tender one.  Her plan was to share it with the world.

As I posted upthread, she thrives on attention and craves being adored.  This is a perfect example of that.  If it was truly about being comfortable in her own skin, she would have done it for herself.  Not for publicity.

I do agree that if she feels good about herself, that's all that matters.  But that isn't the message I'm getting from what she did at all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers sues QVC

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

I do not find that photo attractive in any way.  

@Catch71 

You got that right sister!  No class or true beauty whatsoever.  Bless her heart.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

I do not find that photo attractive in any way.  

@Catch71 

You got that right sister!  No class or true beauty whatsoever.  Bless her heart.

Ok, I actually snorted at the "bless her heart!"