Respected Contributor

@Reever   I don't think I could pose nude in a bunch of weeds while waiting for someone to get a picture - just think of the bugs or snakes that could be out there looking for a quick bite!  Yikes!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

I agree with some here, i DO NOT see a bathing suit on her. I believe she was NUDE.

Trusted Contributor
Ugh, just think of the ticks that might be in those weeds!!!😟
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Sad to believe Suzanne Somers is 73 !?!?   I remember watching her on "Three's Company". Incidentally she was replaced by Teri because she was terminated from that show when she demanded a salary increase.  She subsequentlly sued ABC.  Its seems to me that she has a long history of litigation. Maybe SHE is the problem ?

I have worked with her several times, and my opinon is that she most likely is the problem.  If things don't go exactly her way, she can't handle it.

She has an overly-inflated sense of her own importance, which is enabled by her husband.  Unless all eyes are on her and she feels she's being universally adored, she's not happy.  I've also been at shows and events where she deliberately tried to steal the thunder of the headline performer or honoree - and sulked when it didn't happen.  She has a huge sense of entitlement.

(My biggest issue with her is that she's been blatantly dishonest with the public for decades.  But that's another topic for another day!)  :-)

Super Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers sues QVC

[ Edited ]

Evine shoved her off the boat for tv stars and Consulte Beauty.

I actually still have some os SS’s original “tissue” PJs and a longish coat that you could zip the bottom half off to make a short jacket!

For $5 on Clearance at CVS (of all places!) I bought her pullover

”One Size”  poncho type top in both black and in tan....both new-in-the-box!

I  love them!

I have several of her books too and she does her research....

Respected Contributor

@NYSusan  I also heard about her uppitity entitlement at a workshop on Alcohol and Drugs.  She was doing presentations and talking about her own experiences and book writing on her Alcoholic  Father. She pitched a fit about not being picked up by a Limo at the airport. He was a presenter on the subject with her.

Trusted Contributor
@shopperqvc
@Spurt

Agree wholeheartedly with both of you...cosmetic claims made on TV are a minefield for potential lawsuits. The FDA and the FTC both have stringent guidelines for what vendors can say, and what studies they can use as evidence that a product delivers results.
I always get nervous for Doll 10 cosmetics when they introduce Doris Dalton as a "Doctor," because technically she is a chiropractor, which legally does not qualify her as a skin care doctor.
The fake glowing reviews Sunday Riley employees were asked to post about that company's products are also the subject of a federal investigation.
I like when HSN and QVC run a banner during cosmetic shows that says, "Extraordinary claims...individual results may vary," especially when a caller says on-air that a cream cured this or that. It shows me that they are aware over-promising results or making medical claims not backed by actual science will get them in legal trouble.
Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers sues QVC

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@shopperqvc
@Spurt

Agree wholeheartedly with both of you...cosmetic claims made on TV are a minefield for potential lawsuits. The FDA and the FTC both have stringent guidelines for what vendors can say, and what studies they can use as evidence that a product delivers results.
I always get nervous for Doll 10 cosmetics when they introduce Doris Dalton as a "Doctor," because technically she is a chiropractor, which legally does not qualify her as a skin care doctor.
The fake glowing reviews Sunday Riley employees were asked to post about that company's products are also the subject of a federal investigation.
I like when HSN and QVC run a banner during cosmetic shows that says, "Extraordinary claims...individual results may vary," especially when a caller says on-air that a cream cured this or that. It shows me that they are aware over-promising results or making medical claims not backed by actual science will get them in legal trouble.

@MarnieRez3 

Dangerous ground especially in this day and age of all kinds of lawsuits....I noticed that hosts and vendors alike cringe and get a bit nervous when a caller talks avbout their spectacular results and claims and the host/venor quickly add WE CANNOT SUPPORT OR MAKE ANY MEDICAL CLAIMS REGARDING A PRODUCT.......(Ive heard claims even on mattresses when the caller said it "cured" their back problems)........

So many frivioulous lawsuits....A woman even sued QVC over the fact that the manufacturer's suggested retail price QVC showed on TV was not the right price for her area so the actual savings didnt live up to expectations... ....she lost the case, but now as a safeguard QVC has to periodically read over the air a statement and define what is a suggested retail price, manufacturer's suggested price. QVC price etc etc.....SMH!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Her stuff didnt really sell on QVC. Alot of her success on HSN was her on the air chemistry with Colleen. Honestly if Suxanne had went back to HSN with Colleen her products would have done better
Trusted Contributor
@JONNYSBRO
Oh yes, I remember!
Back In The Day, I bought trilliant bracelets and matching earrings from those Colleen Lopez and Suzanne Somers shows on HSN. They used to do some of their shows sitting up on an on-set bed wearing silk pajamas Suzanne sold. They were fun and irreverent...like Kathy Levine and Joan Rivers.