Respected Contributor

@Carmie  @Sheila P-Burg   I think from reading it, it's a $150K for each of the 9 charges, plus lawyers fees, punitive damages, etc.   That could end up well over $1 million.  Wow, I wonder how much profit she would have made if she sold all those vitamins!

WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs demand judgment against QVC for compensatory
damages in excess of $150,000, threefold damages, attorney's fees, costs of suit and
such further relief as this Court deems just and proper

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

Now, that makes sense. Thank you for the clarification!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

TY1 ..... I don't think Bloomberg Law let's you read it unless you register with them. Just to let people know.

I did not register with Bloomberg Law and I'm able to read the actual lawsuit document that's linked from the Bloomberg article page by clicking on the link:

https://www.bloomberglaw.com/public/desktop/document/SOMERSetalvQVCINCDocketNo219cv04773EDPaOct15201...

Trusted Contributor

No you don't have to register for that link but if you want to get into the other link (Bloomberg Law) to read a condensed description of the lawsuit you have to register. I could read the filed lawsuit but after reading some of it I just couldn't stay interested. After a while, like most readings of lawsuits, it becomes a lot of mumble jumble and I become bored and would rather have s someone else translate it for me. Never have understood when they file lawsuits why they have to rattle so much. Just state the cause and the terms for settlement. All that is needed ..... 

Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers sues QVC

[ Edited ]

To me QVC should stay clear of the supplement/vitamin products ....they've been sued for failure to deliver on the promises offered by these companies....Now this suit involving another dietary supplement product removing Suzanne Somer as a competitor...

In 2010 QVC sued Lessman over comments he made on vitamins sold at QVC....QVC lost :In a setback for the QVC shopping network, a federal judge has said that vitamin marketer Andrew Lessman, who sells supplements on the Home Shopping Network, may continue to use his blog to criticize competing products sold by QVC.

It seems lessons not learned and are nothing but trouble...To me these things arent worth the headache they bring to TV Shopping .... too much room for litigation....do they really bring in that much money ......??????????

In 2009 QVC, Inc., a TV home shopping channel and one of the world’s largest multimedia retailers, agreed to pay $7.5 million to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that it made false and unsubstantiated claims about three types of dietary supplements in violation of an FTC order, and about an anti-cellulite skin cream in violation of the FTC Act. (

In 2012 Kristie Alley was sued over false claims she lost weight on  QVC's Organic Liaison .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

here  is the recent picture she posted for her 73rd  birthday... why I could not tell you....

rare-10-1.jpg

Respected Contributor

I do not find that photo attractive in any way.  

Valued Contributor

All the diet stuff the Q has sold has been nothing but trouble. I took the Nature's Code vitamins for years, didn't notics anything either good or bad. Then along came another person selling them and they changed to the point where I sent them back and canceled the auto shipments. I guess a lot of people did because the vitamins and all the other "stuff" that vendor sold disappeared. It became "snake oil" and the guy was creepy.

There was Lite Bars that supposed to help you lose weight. Everyone on air told how great they tasted, if you like cardboard I guess they were fine, but no weight loss except for the guy that sold them. He claimed a big loss. 

The Q has had other products that got them into court. Bee Alive was a cure all that they ended up hireing a lawyer for. 

With all of the good products that they can sell, "magic potion" stuff doesn't need to be on. And that goes for some of the very expensive cosmetics that also do little to nothing, too.

Respected Contributor

Saw the photo on one of the infotainment shows and wondered why she's been absent from QVC.  The only time I saw her she was paired with Kirsten, a veteran host.  They seemed to have a nice rapport.  Interested to see how this turns out.

Honored Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

All the diet stuff the Q has sold has been nothing but trouble. I took the Nature's Code vitamins for years, didn't notics anything either good or bad. Then along came another person selling them and they changed to the point where I sent them back and canceled the auto shipments. I guess a lot of people did because the vitamins and all the other "stuff" that vendor sold disappeared. It became "snake oil" and the guy was creepy.

There was Lite Bars that supposed to help you lose weight. Everyone on air told how great they tasted, if you like cardboard I guess they were fine, but no weight loss except for the guy that sold them. He claimed a big loss. 

The Q has had other products that got them into court. Bee Alive was a cure all that they ended up hireing a lawyer for. 

With all of the good products that they can sell, "magic potion" stuff doesn't need to be on. And that goes for some of the very expensive cosmetics that also do little to nothing, too.

@shopperqvc 

Im surprised QVC is not involved in more lawsuits regarding cosmetics and lack of results......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”