Respected Contributor

If you live in a populous city with ample shopping choices, her prices will be unreasonably high in comparison for like items.

I have several of her pieces (including reasonably priced ponte blazers from years ago), but would not pay what she is asking for now.

Honored Contributor

I have purchased several items from her line over the years.  But I agree, prices just seem to be going up more rapidly than I would expect they should.  But that's OK.  If I think a higher price is warranted for an item I'm interested in, I'll pay the price.  If not...no sale.

Regular Contributor

Sorry to sound negative but I can barely get through 10 minutes of a Graver show.  I agree her prices have gone up but EVERYTHING is going up.  I watched a bit of her show last night, she compared one of her items to Gucci.  Ummm, nope I don't think so.

Respected Contributor
Her stuff is too expensive now for what it is. Plus, the quality had gone down and the sizing is inconsistent. I used to buy a few pieces a year from her line, but she made it onto my do not buy list. Once I cannot depend on sizing or quality, I stop buying from the line.
Super Contributor

I ordered her long reversible fleece coat last year for under $38.00.  It is now around $54.  That is ridiculous.  Now I only look at her stuff on clearance and LTS.  Every other line has gone up around $3 dollars on reorders to make up for the lower shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver prices

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@shopaholic77 wrote:

Is it just me or are Susan Graver's prices going through the roof?  I'm noticing updated styles and I actually like her clothes more now than in the past, but she's pricing me out!  I can't pay $60 for a shirt, plus shipping!

I have shopped SG clothes for years. The prices are up and the quality is down.

---------------------------------------

Agree... and not only higher prices and poor quality, but the sizing is all over the place.  I used to be able to buy from Susan based on my regular size.  Now, even with the size chart info, I find that the item really doesn't quite fit correctly!

New Contributor

Ok, that's what I thought.  I was watching a show and nothing was under $45, and the "cheaper" items were on clearance.  I also noticed they are bringing back the same items with different names (I think Peachskin is now called something else) and with the new name is a new price.  I didn't even make the connection between higher prices and the shipping price dropping--definitely a good point.  D&C and other in house brands seemed to have stayed the same, so hers should too!  At lease Issac and Liz C. designs are in B&M stores and you can compare and even find similar items on sale.  I even noticed her fleece items are outrageously priced.  It's fleece for Pete's sake! 

I totally agree!

Respected Contributor

I took a year break from watching SG or buying. The prices are definitely higher and I just lost interest in her designs.

Respected Contributor

I think her prices are comparable to mainstream stuff out there. But, "out there", you can always get a deal with coupons or sales.