Regular Contributor

I watched Susan Graver this morning. It was such an awful show only because she would not let the QVC host speak. I had to turn the channel. Is Susan a New Yorker? she reminds me of the New Yorkers where I grew up. 

Honored Contributor

Long Island, I believe one of her homes is in Great Neck, LI. She may also have one in the Hamptons. 

Trusted Contributor

I just see Susan as person that is very happy and enthusiastic about her products.  She is eager to share with everyone all the details and work that was put into making the item and wants to point out all the extra steps they take to make an item perfect for the consumer.

Honored Contributor

I like and have bought some of her clothing when it's on sale.  I remember when she used to brag that her items were made in the USA which is no longer the case.  I find her "enthusiasm" to be unprofessional and cannot watch her for more than a minute or two.

BTW, I was born and raised on Long Island and certainly do not have her personality--LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

I just see Susan as person that is very happy and enthusiastic about her products.  She is eager to share with everyone all the details and work that was put into making the item and wants to point out all the extra steps they take to make an item perfect for the consumer.

I see her as happy and enthusiastic about all the money she is making. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I like and have bought some of her clothing when it's on sale.  I remember when she used to brag that her items were made in the USA which is no longer the case.  I find her "enthusiasm" to be unprofessional and cannot watch her for more than a minute or two.

BTW, I was born and raised on Long Island and certainly do not have her personality--LOL!!!

I don't have her personality, @kaydee50 , but I definitely have her accent! (Even as someone who grew up in NY and on LI, I find her non-stop interruptions grating.)

Honored Contributor

I don't think you can blame Susan's gift of gab on New York.  It's more likely lack of impulse control.  However, I can't help but like her happy, enthusiastic demeanor. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  Thank you for an intelligent reply.

Honored Contributor

There are often Susan Graver complaints on the forums and have been for a long time.  Yes, she talks a lot, yes she is non stop, yes she monopolizes a lot.  At first I couldn't listen to her but as time went by I didn't let it annoy me. I realize that she is upbeat, enthusiastic and loves what she is doing so I couldn't fault her for that.  I would rather see a happy presentation than some sour puss person.  Besides many hosts are often rude and talk over vendors.  I shop on the Q site more than watch presentations, for me it works.

Honored Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

I watched Susan Graver this morning. It was such an awful show only because she would not let the QVC host speak. I had to turn the channel. Is Susan a New Yorker? she reminds me of the New Yorkers where I grew up. 

Is she a New Yorker?   Why does that matter, unless you're trying to throw shade on a whole state full of residents, based on something you don't like about her?