Super Contributor

Susan Graver Liquid Knit Tops

While I love the liquid knit fabric, I must say, the arms are way too small on ALL the tops. Not proportioned full enough on the plus sizes.

The pants on the other hand, are just great.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Liquid Knit Tops

@charsha   Funny, I feel the opposite.I like her tops but I’m not a fan of her pants.

Welcome to the boards!!

Honored Contributor

I have a few of her liquid knit tops and none of them are too small in the arm area. the proportion is just right for me.

Respected Contributor

@charsha  I'm a plus size, and for the last year or so I've been noticing that a lot of brands seem to be skimping on their sleeves. I bought several tops this year (Linea, Susan Graver, Issac Mizrahi, Denim & Co. and the sleeves fit much more snugly than they used to.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I have a few of her liquid knit tops and none of them are too small in the arm area. the proportion is just right for me.

same foe me.  somerimes too big.  i wear large or xl.

Esteemed Contributor

I am between a M and a L in Susan Graver tops.  If I get a M with 3/4 sleeves, the sleeves are too tight.  If it is a short sleeve, then I am okay.  I don't have heavy arms, so I don't know what is up with that!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I too like the liquid knit.  Though I've stopped buying her clothes altogether (have too many).  I am average size M and am lucky to still be able to wear sleeveless in the summer (at 50 something).  Every single sleeveless top I purchased from her line, I love, but had to have the armholes altered as they are always huge on me!  Got very expensive  but the tops are still like new and I wash and wear them constantly.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.....i feel the same way...that most of the designers have somehow made their products tighter in the arm and even chest area in the last few months.....i found that w/o

any weight change............it seems that the measurements have gotten smaller just a bit as the sizes go up...and then when you get to the 1X size...going to 2X it is like 4 inches difference in chest measurement , etc.........i used to be able to order by the "click here" measurements...........but these days the measurements are def in my opinion a bit smaller everywhere.  I have always worn XL and sometimes if  i wanted more room i would order a 1X...............the measurements to me should be more even...............and the arms are def a problem with alot of shirts these days for me too....and i have def found that with SG items...............................and not to get off the subject BUT get rid of those darts!

Esteemed Contributor

Watching the D & C show today...they had a top that they offered in sizes  4X and 5X....then they showed a "general size chart with the now new 4X and 5X"............they have definately decreased (especially the large sizes)  the measurements in the chest area almost 2 sizes difference 

building  up to the two new sizes...

if they start changing these sizes and keep with inconsistancies....won't be shopping for clothing here....

Contributor

It used to be that SG tops were priced at $39 ...now everything is $49.  Although some of the clothes are nice, I'm hard pressed to buy a t shirt for $49.  I stopped buying.