Esteemed Contributor

Re: $$$ Susan Graver Fashion $$$

Yes, Talbots prices are high.  However, the name of that game is constant sales.  Just received a new catalog from them reminding me of three upcoming days offering 40% off entire purchase.

I do have some older Susan Graver that I like.  I have a good collection of Talbots knits that I purchased on sale or on end of season clearance.  As a retiree, I have a very ample supply. And no matter where you shop or what you buy, a very large percentage of clothing is manufactured overseas.

Esteemed Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:
Having purchased clothing from Soft Surroundings, Ann Taylor, etc. Susan Graver clothing does not measure up to their quality. SG high prices are not in line with her poor quality.

Susan constantly brags on how 35 years ago she was with high end stores, but sorry Susan, you are no J Jason Wu or Isaac,never was and shouldn't be asking for the same pricing! As in in-house designer, pricing should be comparable with D&Co. maybe!

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Howscome 

Have you priced other comparable sites?  Soft Surroundings...Chicos, Soma,  Ann Taylor...every top and jacket close to or OVER $100.

@silkyk 

Yes, that happened to me.  I agree, contact the mods b4 you order again.

Mine was there and in processing...then poof!  Listing was gone.

However, the mods could see it and updated me on the shipping status.

weird, right?

@Rockycoast 

Disagree with you...I don't find her quality poor at all.  Like the other poster said...I have had things for over 15 years.  The vast majority of her line wears like iron.

Her design style is not very 'hip' but is classic and has a long closet life.

I also have more clothes than I need and am able to sit out purchasing anymore until hopefully the prices level off.

NO comparison. The stores you mentioned offer HIGH QUALITY materials, unlike SG's (the polyester queen) materials and ugly prints.

Esteemed Contributor

@Howscome  Everything has gone up and do not expect them to drop.  I have been buying Susan's clothing for years and the quality is there.  If you want less expensive, shop somewhere else.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Regular Contributor

It's not just Susan Graver with much higher prices at QVC. $50 for a Kim Gravel tee??

As long as people are still willing to pay the higher prices, the prices will stay high.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 

Agree with you bout price comparison, however, they have sales with up to 40% off, quite often. I shop TALBOTS because of their extensive Petite offerings, but always buy on sale days which are often. Just got $99. Corduroys for half price and they are great quality. Susan Graver corduroys are not on sale till they go to clearance then sizes and colors are limited.

Respected Contributor

@10sluvr 

Talbots have constant sales which make them cheaper than SG. I always compare SG quality to Talbots.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@giova 

I think people who buy clothing from SG or Kim G. buy because it's easy to just order and have it delivered. Once you know your size in a brand it's just easy for some to shop this way. I am able to get out and shop in stores and get sales so I don't have to buy from qvc. With sales I do better elsewhere but I can see why some buy from q for convenience of having it delivered to their door.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@10sluvr 

Talbots have constant sales which make them cheaper than SG. I always compare SG quality to Talbots.

i agree, in general. i'm a plus size and they up the price. i have a couple of tees that have held up well. talbot's shipping is high too. if you can get in the store,it's great. sales people have always been super nice too.

Respected Contributor

I don’t mind paying if it’s a fabric I like and garment is well made. I rarely buy from this line but recently found pants primarily made of rayon. They are well made, asked for another pair for Christmas. Not a fan of polyester in any clothing line. Not related to Graver, but purchased two pairs of Quacker jogger pants that are 95/5 (cotton) and they are very nice and yes costly too.